• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar IC

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
At the sound of the scream Kali drops his axes and runs over to Velani, throws his bedroll down and lowers her onto it. He's seen how the next bit works with wild dogs, surely it can't be that different, can it!?! He remembers there's something about hot water and clean towels? Or was it clean water and hot towels? Or was that a sauna?

OOC: I don't have my character sheet around at the moment, so my role will be using the higher of heal and nature, which I think will be nature

Velani is guided down to a more comfortable position on your bedroll, she blinks rapidly between gasps for air and anguished cries- she's as amazed as you are, by the look of her extended belly the child is full term- what just happened.

However all thoughts of the mystery are soon overtaken- she screams again.

The child is coming...

Meanwhile the wise men- Ah-shahran, Viator & Freggo stand staute- mouths open... Kyalia must be one of the shepherds in the production, she too is unmoving.

GM: Good work Kali, next up...
 

log in or register to remove this ad

larryfinnjr

First Post
Velani...

...somehow becomes aware of the shifter's movements and allows herself to be lowered to the ground.

"What in the name of all that's holy is happen-OOOWWWW........"

"Where'd I go? How long was I gone? I....." Velani drifts off as a moment, a lifetime, of detail floods her now present/conscious mind. The weight of worlds, her world, her child, bear down on her, she bears down, pushing, freeing herself, her child, from the bonds that hold her, hold hir, here.

"Seriously, Lady? This is your answer?........." a wry smile somehow creeps its way across Velani's face in between contractions. "Ok, baby... let's see what you and I are made of."

OOC: Using Grit and Spittle to "draw on pure stubbornness...ready [to] see your way through disaster." Endurance check to see how Velani's handling things. Insight check to see if she can make any sense of it. Using Pelor's bonus.
 

tiornys

Explorer
Shocked, Ah-shahran stares at Kali and Velani for a long moment before snapping into action. Nodding at the shifter for placing a bedroll, he kneels and snaps out orders with uncharacteristic sharpness. "Viator! A blanket or a cloak to cover her! Freggo! Start a fire! Kyalia, get water ready! Turning his gaze to Velani, he checks her condition, tries desperately to recall some past life experience with birthing, and begins issuing a string of gentle suggestions to help her with the process.

[sblock=Mechanics]Heal, aided by Speak with Spirits, to make good suggestions on breathing and pushing and whatnot (not that I, personally, actually know much about this...)[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 35/35 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 8
AC: 17 Fortitude: 12 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 6 necrotic, 6 radiant Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 6 Initiative: (+3)
Passive Insight: 20 Passive Perception: 20
Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate


Powers:
Spirit Infusion, Direct the Strike, Call Spirit Companion Twin Panthers, Hand of Radiance, Adaptive Stratagem, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Healing Spirit, Inspiring Word, Speak with Spirits, Cast Fortune, Spirit of the Healing Flood, Winged Horde (CBoAM), Potion of Healing, Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might/color]

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Snapping back to reality and hearing Ah-sharan bark orders, Viator springs into action. Pulling the cloak from Freggo's back he passes it to the deva and slides to his knees next to Velani.

Reaching out gently with his hands, he places her head in his lap and speaks firmly.

Breathe deeply. In and out. Slowly and deeply.

His hands cover her temples and he reaches out with his power into her mind, allowing her pain to be shared in his body, lending her his strength.

After his reflexive actions he extends his senses in an attempt to figure out what just happened.

Trying to keep the panic out of his voice he calls out

Come on! We need help here!

OOC: Arcana to help Velani: 10 + 14 = 24; Insight to work out what's going on: 13 + 8 = 21
 

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Velani...

...somehow becomes aware of the shifter's movements and allows herself to be lowered to the ground.

"What in the name of all that's holy is happen-OOOWWWW........"

"Where'd I go? How long was I gone? I....." Velani drifts off as a moment, a lifetime, of detail floods her now present/conscious mind. The weight of worlds, her world, her child, bear down on her, she bears down, pushing, freeing herself, her child, from the bonds that hold her, hold hir, here.

"Seriously, Lady? This is your answer?........." a wry smile somehow creeps its way across Velani's face in between contractions. "Ok, baby... let's see what you and I are made of."

OOC: Using Grit and Spittle to "draw on pure stubbornness...ready [to] see your way through disaster." Endurance check to see how Velani's handling things. Insight check to see if she can make any sense of it. Using Pelor's bonus.

Velani is struggling to understand, and yet... that doesn't seem to be the greatest of her problems at the moment. She feels suddenly weak, Kali's rough hands guide her down to a more comfortable position, and then... then something moves inside her.

She looks around, forlorn- spent, trying to find something to latch on to- some fragment of reality, in the moment before she finally fades, she notices something... something odd- the treasures they recovered. the items from the Great Hall of Valour... they're gone, nowhere to be seen.

Velani passes into unconsciousness.
 

Thanee

First Post
Kyalia

“Uh, huh. I am not so good with this, when it comes to humanoids, but it cannot be so different compared to other mammals, right? I know a bit of how this works with animals...” Kyalia says, giving helpful hints derived from her knowledge of nature.
 

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Shocked, Ah-shahran stares at Kali and Velani for a long moment before snapping into action. Nodding at the shifter for placing a bedroll, he kneels and snaps out orders with uncharacteristic sharpness. "Viator! A blanket or a cloak to cover her! Freggo! Start a fire! Kyalia, get water ready! Turning his gaze to Velani, he checks her condition, tries desperately to recall some past life experience with birthing, and begins issuing a string of gentle suggestions to help her with the process.

[sblock=Mechanics]Heal, aided by Speak with Spirits, to make good suggestions on breathing and pushing and whatnot (not that I, personally, actually know much about this...)[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 35/35 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 8
AC: 17 Fortitude: 12 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 6 necrotic, 6 radiant Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 6 Initiative: (+3)
Passive Insight: 20 Passive Perception: 20
Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate


Powers:
Spirit Infusion, Direct the Strike, Call Spirit Companion Twin Panthers, Hand of Radiance, Adaptive Stratagem, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Healing Spirit, Inspiring Word, Speak with Spirits, Cast Fortune, Spirit of the Healing Flood, Winged Horde (CBoAM), Potion of Healing, Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might/color]

[/sblock]


Ah-shahran is needed immediately, he barks orders and then takes Velani by the hand- checks her pulse and then moves on to more delicate matters... his mind racing all the while.

Thirty seconds later and the patient is stirring, at least Velani is no conscious, and still the child comes...
 

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Snapping back to reality and hearing Ah-sharan bark orders, Viator springs into action. Pulling the cloak from Freggo's back he passes it to the deva and slides to his knees next to Velani.

Reaching out gently with his hands, he places her head in his lap and speaks firmly.

Breathe deeply. In and out. Slowly and deeply.

His hands cover her temples and he reaches out with his power into her mind, allowing her pain to be shared in his body, lending her his strength.

After his reflexive actions he extends his senses in an attempt to figure out what just happened.

Trying to keep the panic out of his voice he calls out

Come on! We need help here!

OOC: Arcana to help Velani: 10 + 14 = 24; Insight to work out what's going on: 13 + 8 = 21

Viator reaches out which is mind, sends waves of psionic energy- cascading colours and shades of subtle hue, Velani smiles... that is until the next contraction comes... and now very conscious and in incredible pain, she screams- the child is coming.

The Psion alas has no great insights- save that a woman, his companion, is giving birth- the whys are wherefore's are for now forgotten.

GM: I understand why you're rolling Insight checks- sorta, but... the act of childbirth etc. You do realise I'm mostly ignoring them... Woman giving birth- that's the crisis.
 

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
“Uh, huh. I am not so good with this, when it comes to humanoids, but it cannot be so different compared to other mammals, right? I know a bit of how this works with animals...” Kyalia says, giving helpful hints derived from her knowledge of nature.

And suddenly the child is coming, the head is crowning and now Kyalia- they at least share a degree of biology, has taken charge- the water, towels and whatever else needs to be ready, and soon.

Velani is screaming...

GM: I realise in Skill Checks people like to play to their strengths, but get in there- bend them a little if you have to- the answer to all life's problems are not the same three skills you're quite good at. Risk = Reward, regardless the story goes on.

And breaking from tradition I'll tell you that you have four Successes and one Failure so far... I'll not say what you need to effect a successful delivery except to say... PUSH!
 
Last edited:


Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top