• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowrun using DnD5 [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
I am thinking about changing the Weapon Focus to Magic Weapon or maybe just Weapon Empowered so not to confuse it with Weapon Focus feat...

I edited the notes I made up above also and added that a katana can have the Weapon Focus talent...

GreenKarl

First Post
So once characters get hammered out we should be ready to go... I might include a NPC shaman type. Not overly bright or charismatic so as not to be a leader type...

GreenKarl

First Post
And here is my idea for NPC... for magical support...

===

Casper
3rd level Human Magic User (Rat Shaman)
Background: Street
Languages: English, Spanish
Strength: 11 (+0), Dexterity: 14 (+2), Constitution: 12 (+1), Intelligence: 10 (+0), Wisdom: 16 (+3), Charisma: 14 (+2)
Weapons: Colt Manhunter – attack +4, damage 2d8+2* ballistic
Combat Knife – attack +4, damage 1d6+2 slashing or piercing
Collapsible Baton – attack +4, damage 1d6+2 bludgeoning
Astral Strike - attack +2, damage 1d6
*laser sight reroll 1s on damage die
Armor Class: 13 (base 11+dex; Hardness 1/+1)
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 21 (HD 3d6)
Second Wind: 1d6+4
Base Speed: 30ft
Saving Throws: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Wound Damage Threshold: 18
Proficiencies: Light Firearms, Simple Weapons
Skills (*proficiency in skill): Acrobatics (Dex) +2, Animal Handling (Wis) +3, Arcana (*Int) +2, Athletics (Str) +0, Computer Use (Int) +0, Deception* (Cha) +4, Gather Information (Cha) +2, History (Int) +0, Initiative (Dex) +2, Insight (*Wis) +5, Intimidate (Cha) +2, Investigation (Int) +0, Life Science (Int) +0, Medicine (Wis) +3, Perception (*Wis) +5, Performance (Cha) +2, Persuasion (Cha) +2, Physical Science (Int) +0, Religion (Int) +0, Sleight of Hands (Dex) +2, Stealth (*Dex) +6, Survival (*Wis) +5, Technology (Int) +0
Tools: Wheeled vehicle (+3)
Racial Bonuses: Attribute bonus, bonus skill proficiency, bonus feat, outgoing.
Talents: Astral Perception & Projection (Astral Str 10, Dex 14, Con 16, AC 14, HP base +3, Hardness 2, Unarmed damage 1d6), Mentor Spirit (Illusion spells cost 1 less magic point to cast, +2 to Stealth), Spell Casting (Magical attack roll +5, Save DC 13), Summoning (Conjuring check +4)
Feats: Additional Magic Points (+5 MP), New Spell, Point Blank Shot (+1 to hit and damage with firearms within basic range), Quick Refresh
Spells: Charm (Mana/Illusion, Casting 1 action, Magnitude 1, Range 30ft, Concentration up to 1 hour), Death Touch (magical attack roll touch +2, Mana/Necromancy, Casting 1 action, Magnitude 2 per 1d8 necromantic damage, Range Touch, instant), Invisibility (Mana/Illusion, Casting 1 action, Magnitude 2, Touch, Concentration up to 1 hour), Mage Hand (Physical/Conjuration, Casting 1 action, Magnitude 1, Range 30ft, Concentration up to 10 minutes. Invisible hand that can lift up to 10lbs).
Spirit Types: Air and Beast; Conjuring Check: +5
Magnitude: 3 (max 6); Magic Points: 29 (recover 3d8/6d4)
Magic Attack Roll: +6 (+1 for focus); Magic Saving DC: 13
Gear: Armored Clothing (Wt. 8lbs), Colt Manhunter (DT, reload 18m, range 50/250, Wt. 4lbs), Concealable Hostler (½lb), 100 regular rounds, 2 extra magazines (Wt. ½lb), Magic Focus (+1 to Magic attack rolls, Wt. ½lb), Combat Knife (1lb), Collapsible Baton (finesse, holdout, light, Wt. 1lb), Comlink (Wt. ½lb, broadcast 100yds, Firewall 15, Intelligence 12, Wis 10, Pro +2, skills), One set of lower-class clothing, a backpack, bedroll blanket.
Total Weight Carried: 15 lbs (basic carrying load is 50lbs)
Extra Cash on Hand: ¥210
Contacts: Fixer (Shadow Cat), Tailsmonger (Bone Collector)

GreenKarl

First Post
So as I am re-reading DNA/DOA there are some things I forgot about so I think for an NPC I am going to use the Dwarf Decker I made up. Any group can use a wizard on the team but a Decker can be important also AND as with almost all Shadowrun games a NPC decker tends to be the best :D But in DNA/DOA there are a lot of built in "find that datafile, I have no idea where to start" so a Decker might be better.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Can I take his place then? :)

If it's alright, I'm thinking maybe a motorcycle-riding troll Spark shaman (see below). Summons Air and Spirits of Man, of course... What do you guys think?

[sblock=Spark mentor spirit]Spark is the life blood of the plas jungle incarnate, the Thunderbird of lightning and concrete. Her wings are sparking power, her beak and claws machined steel, her cries the roar of engines. She is a primal force, often savage and uncaring, but necessary to the survival of billions and the continuation of the cycle of life. Spark often seems deceptively tame, yet she is a force to be respected and appeased, lest her anger be roused.[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Hey totally 100% man :) That sounds like a very cool shaman. I will have to finish up my write ups on some more spirits also... especially those of man

GreenKarl

First Post
[MENTION=6810779]jonathonhawke[/MENTION] I noticed under your character sheet that you had the Hardness listed as 2/+2. Normally the second number is Ballistic hardness and I am not sure where you are getting that for Davos. Just wondering.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] I believe all you need to do is pick your 3rd level feat. Although if you wanted to edit Reflex Booster to Reflex Implants make Juno Reyes official ;)
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] if you wouldn’t mind editing your character with the talent you want, etc. you are almost completely done also.
[MENTION=63746]Binder Fred[/MENTION] just let me know if you need any help with the character. I will post up the Spirits of Man at least later today I think. Almost done.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads