• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SPOILERS] Angel Episode 1/28/2004: "Damage"

myrdden

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
the problem with that plot is ... in the destruction of minds and souls in addition to a good meal.

Good point. I only vaguely caught the last 5 minsutes of the episode but your explanation is very compelling. I'll have to catch the show again.

Myrdden

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Oho! Someone on another messageboard pointed out what the answer to the crossword clue had to be. Remember how I said that there had to be some kind of inside joke with that?

What's a seven letter word that refers to something having "a smooth, rich flow"?

Why, Harmony, of course! :D

Daniel

KnowTheToe

First Post
Why can't Joss focus on developing a new show and not Buffy 2. Andrew was funny, but I want to watch Angel. I read an article in TV Guide while at the Dr. office and they had an interview with Joss talking about season 1 of Angel and he said he felt he couldn't pull off an episodic show.

I have to disagree, that is when I like dAngel. I liked the bunch of one offs with just a slight larger story in the background. He was the hero of the common poeple, fighting the down and dirty battle in the trenches. Buffy had been about world ending crap time after time and I liked the feel of Angel, but he has changed it and I don't think I will ever get my show back. I left Buffy around the fourth season and I think it is itme to leave Angel as well.

KnowTheToe

First Post
RatPunk said:
They can't really make a move on her without pissing off some VERY powerful "people". Angel admitted this last night also when they were discussing it at the beginning of the episode. That's not a fight any of them are prepared to undertake just yet.

They pissed those same people off for the last two seasons, why not now? What are they worried about, that doing good will get them fired? This Wolfram and Hart thing sucks and has been over played. Joss should have had them quit this gig and have to reidentify themselves and seach for their new purpose. At least we don't have to hear about the powers that be anymore.

AuroraGyps

First Post
As for why use Angel when he has a dozen slayers... My guess is he was pretty aware of Angel's resources, and they would be better able to do the tracking than a dozen tough but fairly inexperienced slayers. The slayers were also there to bail Andrew out if he needed it, I would imagine.

It was also a good oppurtunity to have one of their own really close and see how the Angelized W&H would handle the situation. The Slayers/Watchers had info, but probably not a good bird's eye view.

Vrylakos

First Post
RatPunk said:
Gunn pointed out last night what I've been saying all along: Eve works directly for the Senior Partners (even if she does have her own agenda now). They can't really make a move on her without pissing off some VERY powerful "people". Angel admitted this last night also when they were discussing it at the beginning of the episode. That's not a fight any of them are prepared to undertake just yet.
Another thing: Eve seems to be the only person besides Angel (and the Senior Partners, I assume )who currently knows about Connor's existence new life.

If I were Eve, I would use this knowledge as my ace in the hole/wildcard.

Vrylakos

Vocenoctum

First Post
RatPunk said:
Gunn pointed out last night what I've been saying all along: Eve works directly for the Senior Partners (even if she does have her own agenda now). They can't really make a move on her without pissing off some VERY powerful "people". Angel admitted this last night also when they were discussing it at the beginning of the episode. That's not a fight any of them are prepared to undertake just yet.

Right, I said as much, that they can't move directly.
But why can't they investigate, or contact the Senior Partners around her?

Vocenoctum

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
As for why use Angel when he has a dozen slayers... My guess is he was pretty aware of Angel's resources, and they would be better able to do the tracking than a dozen tough but fairly inexperienced slayers. The slayers were also there to bail Andrew out if he needed it, I would imagine.
Actually, I think Angel DID call the Watchers once he figured it out, so I think that's why. "pretty aware of Angel's resources" doesn't work for me, simply because Angel's resources didn't work, and he didn't work with Angel so much.
He was shadowing Spike and Spike found her. Where were his Slayers when they were ambushed though.

As for Buffy not trusting Angel, just imagine if there were a season of Buffy going on, with cross-overs. Most of the Scoobs would be arguing that Angel is gone or going bad - I'm sure Buffy would be willing to give him some benefit of the doubt, but they'd be on their toes about it.
I don't really know how much they know about W&H. I also don't know if they've discussed the "deal" with Angel. None of it has been addressed, so I don't see any justification for distrusting Angel.
It's just one of those things I don't like, but don't obsess over either.
I also felt Spike's arms should have dusted when cut off, but can't justify that. :)

So, for a poor bastard like me who forgot there was Angel (and Chapelle's Show) on last night, and instead ran a D&D game, could anyone please recount what occurred, in detail? Make sure to quote everyone exactly, and if you could describe the camera angles and upload mp3s of the music, that'd be great.

Crothian

First Post
I thought it was another good episode. I liked that it included so much from the Buffy show, Angel and Buffy always did have crossovers and its good to still see that after Buffy has left the airwaves.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads