[SPOILERS] Angel Episode 1/28/2004: "Damage"

CCamfield

First Post
John Crichton said:
I did amend it and said I was truly sorry. People around here know that I'm very careful about these things. This one slipped through. :(

Not to worry. I actually posted that before I saw your response. :)

DanMcS

Explorer
satori01 said:
While Spike was nowhere near as sadistic as Angel was a Vamp, William did get the moniker "Spike", by torturing people with railroad spikes. Clearly, at least sometimes Bloody William liked to play with his food.

That name has a sort-of amusing history that is never completely explained. Yes, that's how he got his nickname, but in that flashback episode to when he was still alive, we hear some young nobleguy mocking William's poetry and saying he'd rather have railroad spikes driven through his ears than listen to another poem. I don't think William came up with the idea all on his own, I think he granted that guy his wish :)

Regarding spoilers, and the "next week" promo, here in columbus, Angel appears on the combo UPN/WB channel, and for some reason they'll show the "next week" trailer for UPN shows but not WB shows. So I always saw the trailer for Buffy when it was still on, but not Angel.

They do receive it, though, and intentionally decide not to play it, which is just mean, man. Quite often, you'll see a split-second flash of one of the cast and hear the words "Next wee.." before they cut it off. Talk about torture. :)

Staffan

Legend
DanMcS said:
That name has a sort-of amusing history that is never completely explained. Yes, that's how he got his nickname, but in that flashback episode to when he was still alive, we hear some young nobleguy mocking William's poetry and saying he'd rather have railroad spikes driven through his ears than listen to another poem. I don't think William came up with the idea all on his own, I think he granted that guy his wish :)
It's also hinted at that he mostly did that to impress Dru and Angelus.

Remove ads