• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT : Blood Money (Medecin Sans Frontière)

Game Control

First Post
OOC: My bad; you are coming from the east. The boats to the west are those that Gournay could have reached unseen.

Kim's Gather Information (+2 circumstance bonus because Gournay is hard to miss)
2 + 10 ; 12
DC 15 for specific information.
Took 5 minutes.

Presumably you persevere.
12 + 10 ; 22

After 10 minutes of asking around you get an answer; He got into one of the warehouse: 1st row, second lane.

You are worried that you might have been spotted by watchers aligned with Gournay (or more likely his contacts) but do not know for sure. You had to give 20 US$ (a fortune around here) to get the info. For this check (22) no one is willing to talk about who occupies this warehouse, which already tells you something: people are affraid of whoever is in there.

Luddite; Since the area is a square with boat moored on three sides, it is impossible for one man to keep an eye on all boats. I'm assuming you rushed to the North-West point where you could see all boats except those moored on the east side. Lana stays with you (she's not too keen on splitting up; she says that this is a smuggler's lair). You don't see Gournay (spot 19 + 6). Remember that he could already be in one

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim radios to Luddite the location where Gournay was last seen... then starts moving in that direction quickly...

"Moving to it now... be careful not sure how many may have seen me.. and not sure who is whpo either... meet you there hopefully... alive..." he adds...

Luddite

First Post
[ OOC: The north west corner is fine. Durring the time it takes Kim to get the information, I will stroll along the north side just to see if any boat leave durring that time. ]

Luddite gets the information from Kim. He speaks softly to Lana, but over to Kim as well on the head set.

I have not seen any boats leave, so he should still be in there. I'll come from the north and west, you (Kim) come from the South and east. Let assume that if they are still in the warehouse, they will be expecting us. Its not like we blend.

[ OOC: I am not sure which warehouse you ment. Using this "map" which one was pointed out?

1 5
2 6
3 7
4 8

-Luddite

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Pic of the warehouse. Assume computer were stolen ;) Although frankly you shouldn't really expect too much electronic in there.

Yes, the doors are open just as in the picture. This opening is facing the western piers. It is busier than on the picture, several people are moving boxes around. A small cargo ship is being unloaded and there is a lot of back and forth between the ship and this warehouse.

Attachments

• warehouse.jpg
    warehouse.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 97

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim approaches quickly from south and east... his hand inside his jacket ready for anything... he speaks over the radio...

"Gilligan is on his way Proffesor... lets just hope the good doctor stopped in for a fresh spot of tea..."

Luddite

First Post
Luddite whispers.... I am going in the "front"...I'll keep you posted. Luddite motions for Lana to stay back a bit.

Luddite walks in from big door on the west and heads along the north wall. He walks in as if he knows where he is going.

[ OOC: I try not to arrouse too much suspicion from the workers. If I see Gournay, or Balladur, I duck for some cover to avoid being seen. ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
OOC: That's a bluff.

Luddite's bluff
11 + 2
VS average worker's sense Mo
2 + 0

It works. You walk casually in the warehouse as if you have business here and it fools the worker (or at least they keep quiet about their suspicion and keep working). But you quickly spot an armed man (revolver in the belt) walking in the central aisle, near some sort of control tower in the middle of the warehouse.

Luddite's Hide (+2 circumstance from all the possible hiding places -2 because you can't afford to look suspicious to the workers)
14 + 1
Guard Spot (-5 for distance)
7 -1

You are casually standing next to a large pile of box and can observe the guard as well as the control tower.

The tower is more like a cube, 20'X20'X20'. It is made of wood, it has a door at its base and it has extern stairs leading to the second floor. At the top of these stair is another door and standing next to it is another guard, shamelessly sporting an AK-47.

The top of the tower has plastic windows that allow you to see the back of a black man with graying hair talking with animation to an unseen interlocutor.

PS: As I was looking in the rogue gallery to see if you had the Hide skill (A snoop class skill, I thought you'd have it) I counted your skill points and unless I am mistaken you have 46. You should have 48.

Last edited:

Tokiwong said:
While Luddite handles the other excitement... Kim shakes his head and rushes to find the Jeep and drives it around to pick up Luddite... he takes the opportunity to dial up Ghost and leave a the message of "FUBAR going after Gournay..." (F***** up beyond all Repair)

Now that the chase is on, GhostFox has a chance to check her text messages. She acknowledges Tokiwong's message by sending him a voice mail message "Roger that. Recon was a SNAFU. N'Gambe got the jump on us. Roman was taken down. In the process of escaping N'Gambe's dragnet. Remote and extra armor came in extra handy. What's your situation? Please advise."

Luddite

First Post
Luddite looks around. And gets one more quick look as he walks casualy out. He then walks near the boat that is being unloaded and does a quick look to see if anyone white inside.

When he gets clear, he speaks quitely into his headset....
one pistol and one rifle gaurding the central "control" area. No positive sign of Gournay.

[ OOC: 2 skill points on the Background. That makes 48. At this point a tactical retreat would be in order so we can get back up. I did not think I would do so much critcal sneaking around. ]

After passing the boat, he takes up an observation posission to observe the warehose main door.

[ OOC: Untill the calvary arrives, I will just "stake out" the place to see what happens. Surveillance +6 ]

-Luddite

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads