• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT : Blood Money (Medecin Sans Frontière)

Luddite

First Post
[ OOC: Is Gournay's house closer to the harbour or air strip? ]

Luddite thinks for a bit

Hmm...Most flyers I know make a point that they are, and if he spends many months here would of had to log flight time to remain current. When you contact the air strip see if the flight plan or reservation has been logged for Gournay or Fuller. But I doubt that he went there. Call to to check.

If he is trying to leave that means drive to Harare or smuggle out. If he is heading to Harare he would have a about an hour head start. But We can have Taxi get a plane and catch up with him. If he is heading to the barracks, the rest of the possy can catch up with him there.

So Kim, head to the Harbour. If his house is on the way. Check there as well. Lana, can you let me into his office?

[ OOC: I will check his office desk phone first, to see what the last numbers were called. Also It should be obvious which one is a NYC number and not a Zimbawe number. After that, a quick search around the office for any pictures or recipts that may lead to one form of tavel or another. (Search +4 and Flawless Search if it applies here.) If none of those options give me a clue where he went, then I will hack the phone system to find the last calls made.

The search would be a simple one round check. I will take a 20 later after I am done with the hacking. ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
-''His office, right. I don't have the keys. We are paranoid about theft around here and spare keys are not legion. Gournay never got around to give me his. At this point we might as well knock the door down, I guess. I'm worried about more soldier coming soon, though. It's obvious that someone in the camp will call or radio to say there was a shoothout. It probably already has been done. I mean, there are hundreds of people in the tent area who didn't see what happened and only heard gunshot. What do you think they will do?''

[OOC: Anyway, she leads you to Gournay's office in the back of the admin building. The door seems reasonably sturdy. The kind you see in an university for a professor's office.

Break DC 18

A strong man could probably kick it down in one or two swift kick.

Luddite and Lana may have some problem. They could use a fire extinghiser as a ram. It would take roughly a minute to locate one and use it.

Open Lock would take 1 full action and have a DC of 20]

Luddite

First Post
[ OOC: Since I went to the Jeep, I would of picked up my pistol when I tossed the rifle in the Jeep. ]

Takes out his pistol and shoots the lock.

The PI's Lock pick.

As for the "Police." If they come can you stall them. Tell them that the suspects drove off right after the gun fire. Keep them from this office as long as possible, and I will see what I can find.

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
Gournay's office is a mess. It is small and cramped, much like the office of a proffesor in a cheap university.

[OOC: Nice.

You know, IRL, you can't open a door with a pistol. The bullet would damage the lock but not open the door.

But it always work in action movies so it'll work here.

search 14 + 4

-His office phone; last call was local and isn't the barrack's number. Presumably he didn't use it for the calls that interest you.

-You find papers in the basket that tells you which company provide Gournay with a cell phone service; (huh, let's say AT&T. That's important so you know who to hack if you want to learn more about his phone calls).

-You realize that Gournay hadn't done any recent paper work; the files on his desk seem to indicate he stopped bothering with paperwork roughly three days ago.

-You find a piece of paper with a number on it (4433) in Gournay's Jacket (he had more than one, this one stayed on his chair).]

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:
Gournay's office is a mess. It is small and cramped, much like the office of a proffesor in a cheap university.

[OOC: Nice.

You know, IRL, you can't open a door with a pistol. The bullet would damage the lock but not open the door.

But it always work in action movies so it'll work here.

OOC: Well, I was assmuning that the door was cheaply made and there was no dead bolt. :D

search 14 + 4

-His office phone; last call was local and isn't the barrack's number. Presumably he didn't use it for the calls that interest you.

-You find papers in the basket that tells you which company provide Gournay with a cell phone service; (huh, let's say AT&T. That's important so you know who to hack if you want to learn more about his phone calls).

-You realize that Gournay hadn't done any recent paper work; the files on his desk seem to indicate he stopped bothering with paperwork roughly three days ago.

-You find a piece of paper with a number on it (4433) in Gournay's Jacket (he had more than one, this one stayed on his chair).]

Luddite looks at the slip of paper. My guess is that it is some type of PIN or security code.

[ OOC: Has Kim left to track down Gournay. If not how much of a lead does he have? My feeling now, is that we would get more information out of Gournay himself then trying to peice together any thing useful in his office. If we loose track of Gournay, then we can come his phone records and other information to find him. ]

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
While Luddite handles the other excitement... Kim shakes his head and rushes to find the Jeep and drives it around to pick up Luddite... he takes the opportunity to dial up Ghost and leave a the message of "FUBAR going after Gournay..." (F***** up beyond all Repair)... he wheels the Jeep around to pick up Luddite and Lana... then time to do his best impersonation of a high speed chase...

OOC: Pick up Luddite and Lana and race after Gournay down the only road he can go...

Luddite

First Post
Jumps in and checks his pistol and refills the the clip

Ride like the furries. If you run out of gas, get ethel. If you run of of Ethel get Mabel.

Head towards the Harbour. I hope you can drive better then me. :D

Luddite also takes time to check and clean the AK-47, He then places between Kim and himself.

[ OOC: I am guessing I got the one that was not fired at all, so it should have a full clip. ]

Lana should stay here and deal with the troops should they arrive.

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim smirks to Luddite...

"Whatever you say proffesor..."

Kim grows serious for a moment... and looks to Lana...

"Lana... I am not sure what you plan to do... but I promised we would keep you safe... I don't know how many more of N'gambe's men are aropund and I don't want to chance it... we are going after Gournay..."

Kim tosses off the glasses and throws on his mirrored shades...

"Come with us... I think it might be safer... but stay if you think it is best... choose quickly... I got an appointment with a doctor.. and I am running a smidge bit late..."

OOC: If Lana declines gunning the throttle and racing towards the harbor... if she says yes... she can ride in the back and gunning the throttle and riding after Gournay towards the Harbor... either way... we are going to the harbor...

Game Control

First Post
Lana hesitates only a a moment.

-''That number on the piece of paper found by the professor is the code to the lab. If it means what I think it means, I better come. I know the place, I boat a lot.''

She jumps into the Jeep.

[OOC:

Luddite, you know that your character isn't proficient with assault rifles, right?

Gournay now has about 6 minute of lead (had 5 minutes to start with, I think one minute is fair for all the actions you took since the end of the fight).

Kim is going to make a drive check DC 10. If he succeeds, he cuts down the lead by 1 minute. Every additional 5 points by which he succeeds cut down one more minutes.

Odds of catching up; zero. But the closer on his tail you are, the easier it will be to locate him once in the harbor.

Drive;
20+2

That cuts 3 minutes from Gournay's lead. An action die would cut down 2 extra minutes. In that case, you'd be so close that Gournay might be in sight as you arrive at the harbor (spot check).

(I'm using an online dice roller and am starting to feel that it gives an inordinate amount of extreme results! I better get my dice back soon.)

Does Kim have an AD left, anyway? I must admit I've lost count.

I'll describe the harbor soon.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads