• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT : Blood Money (Medecin Sans Frontière)

Game Control

First Post
Lana is inside the administration building. She has the phone in hand but isn't dialing any number. She's part occidental who reflexively wants to call the cop, part Bingan who realizes that these WERE the cops. She's quite collected for someone who just was in a shootout but she seem's confused as to what to do next.

-''What the hell was this?''

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim rushes into the room tucking away his gun...

"What the hell is this... well would you beleive me if I said I am top-secret agent.. working for people you never ehard about... well that is the truth... Lana... and I need your help... and we need to find Dr. Gournay... like right now..."

He looks into her eyes....

"You need to trust me... I lied to you... only to protect my cover... but I am here to help fix the TB problem.. the people you just saw don't want that... to happen..."

Kim scowls...

"We think they are building a biological weapon out of the TB... but we need proof... and we need Dr. Gournay..."

Kim holds out his hand...

"Trust me... Lana... come with me if you want to live... I swear you won't get hurt... but if you stay here... I can't protect you... you have to trust me... on this..."

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
Luddite steps up and knocks the guy out with his own rifle.

[ OOC: I step foward and pick put the rifle and hit him with the butt of hit. Assuming he is still stunned the next round, I will "Coup de Grace" type attack but only to knock him out, not kill him. ]

After dealing with the guards. He grabs the cell phones off the bodies and heads off to the gate to see if Gournay is attempting to flee. He hopes Kim left the keys in the Jeep if needed.

[ OOC: I am assuming that there is one area where all the cars are parked near the front gate. If that is not the case, do I have an idea where Gournay's car should be located. ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
Lana looks at you with incredulity. But as your words sinks in, she realiz she has to take a quick decision. Either she trusts you, or she trusts the authorities. The same authorities who apparently were so keen on using assault rifles in a charity hospital.

-''What does Gournay... never mind. I think he just left 5 minutes ago. I saw him head over to the parking. I took note of it because his shift isn't over yet.''

OOC:

Diplomacy check;

Hum, let's say DC 15. +2 circumstance bonus because of what Lana just saw.

Kim rolls 5 + 14

Okay it works.

That was a nice idea and very cinematic thing to do. But of course Luddite was the first to suggest it in the OOC thread ;)

So I'm gonna give the action die to him.

Game Control

First Post
[OOC: Technically you can't CDG an opponent who is just stunned. But I'd rather not fuss over a minion so you take care of him.

Visitors cars are parked in the front, on the other side of the tent area. Staff cars are parked on the other side of the admin building.

Gournay has already left a just a few minutes ago. Basically, he made his phone calls then immediately left. Presumably he's not racing madly so you could probably catch up with him if you can correctly guess where he is headed. It will involve asking the right questions.]

Luddite

First Post
Luddite heads to the Jeep and tosses the Assult Rifle in the back. He checks to see if the keys are there. Then he looks around to see who might be around to have seen Gorunay left.

[ OOC: My first hope would be the nurse that we first meet when we came in, or someone who I might of seen working with Gournay. If those are not possible, or the keys are not in the Jeep then Its to the admin building.

Also is there anyone near the gate area, that might of seen Gournay leave?

Aside from asking "Which way did he go?" I could also ask "where does Dr. Gournay reside?" The later question I would have to get from Lana.

My guess would be, he is going to head to his "home" first, pack, then get out of Binga. Is driving the only option, or is there an air port? Any other ideas? ]

-Luddite

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
OOC: No need to ask about that, there is only one road leaving the camp. Of course, after a few miles the dirt road joins with the tar road and you suddenly have three choices.

Attachments

• road.jpg
    road.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 115

Game Control

First Post
Lana tries to fish out the required information from her memory and fails. She runs toward her office and frantically search through the moutain of papers.

-''My mother told me that it's important to keep everything clean, but I doubt that she was thinking about a situation like this. Ah, there it is. He owns a lodge in the suburb of Binga. Here is the adress.

Say, why is he running? Did he expect you to get rid of the soldiers?''

Her eyes grow wider.

-''Did he... did he steal TB samples?''

OOC:

There is a small air strip (for Cesna class planes)

There is the harbor.

There is the road south.

Luddite

First Post
Game Control said:

Say, why is he running? Did he expect you to get rid of the soldiers?''

Her eyes grow wider.

-''Did he... did he steal TB samples?''

It is possible he did. You will have to check. Do you know if Gournay was into Boating or had a Pilots license? Kim go check his house. I will search here for any clues on what he was doing or where he may be going. I will phone you if I learn of something.

By the way. Do you happen to have Dr. Gournay's Cell Number?

[ OOC: Might I have that information in my notes about him? What about Balladur, did he Boat or Fly?

How long would it take me break into the local telephone system too see who Gournay called in the past 10 minutes. If he is heading to the Harbour or Air Strip, then he would have to make quick arrangements to get a boat/plane. ]

Luddite gets an idea. Lana call the Air Strip and the Harbour and say you are canceling a reservation for Dr. Gournay. Say you are his sectertary. It won't stop him, but then we will know where he is going.

Kim, head to his house. We will call if we find anything.

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
Lana grabs a phone.

-''I'll call the airstrip and Harare's airport but I can't do anything for the harbor. See, it's more like a very large marina with very poor organisation. I wouldn't know who to call.

Zimbabwe is landlocked so the government spends virtually no ressources on maritime customs. They should; Lake Kariba is the frontier with Zambia. Smugglers are having a field day every day because of this.''

[OOC: Balladur had no such license... when he was a student in Paris 27 years ago. Gournay might have such license but you'd have to check (unless you can remind me when you previously checked this sort of info; I might have forgotten).

Hacking takes a minimum of 10 minutes.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads