• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Andor

The question I have is: even if they manage to overwhelm the guards, what then? How do they get out? Do they wait for another prisoner transport? I suppose there could be spacecraft for the guards to use somewhere.
I think it's more likely that Andor will be tracked down by the ISB, then rescued by rebels, than escape by himself.

Sacrosanct

Legend
You know what the whole "prisoner in charge of the other prisoners" thing made me think of right away, which younger folks would not see, if they don't know their history? Concentration camps and how certain Jewish prisoners were put in charge of keeping the others in line and behaving.
That's pretty typical of most prison labor camps, not just Jewish concentration camps though, right? I seem to recall the Chinese labor camps up until at least the 1950s, The Burma Railway (Japanese labor camps), and Russian labor camps doing the same.

That's pretty typical of most prison labor camps, not just Jewish concentration camps though, right? I seem to recall the Chinese labor camps up until at least the 1950s, The Burma Railway (Japanese labor camps), and Russian labor camps doing the same.
I think inmate trustees are common in most prison systems.

It's much like prefects in boarding schools for that matter.

pukunui

Legend
Character check-in as of episode 9:
  • Cassian is planning an escape with some of the other prisoners.
  • Mon is still having to deal with a snarky teenager and is also having doubts about her mission.
  • Vel is Mon's cousin.
  • Tay is still alive and is suggesting Mon take a loan from a gangster who wants to be seen at Mon's apartments as part of the deal.
  • Perrin is still stirring things up between his wife and daughter.
  • Poor Bix is being tortured by the sounds of genocide.
  • Syril has received a promotion and is also stalking Dedra at the ISB because he wants what she wants (or does he just want her?).
  • Syril's mom is still guilt-tripping him.
  • Dedra is getting what she wants, even though she feels like she's wasting her time.
  • Heert is continuing to impress Dedra with his initiative.
  • Kino is realizing that "staying on program" may not get him what he wants after all.
  • Melshi is still biding his time.
  • Ulaf is finally free.

Last edited:

reelo

Hero
The show is almost entirely devoid of memberberries. It's nice.
Here's one, though. But don't ask me about it.
51b5864504cc9adea6cb5a8d476f4a4f.jpg

MarkB

Legend
The show is almost entirely devoid of memberberries. It's nice.
And when they do pick one, it's the most chilling you could imagine. That cutaway to the patrolling guard's feet as the door closes on the screaming Bix - augh.

I just finished watching the episode, and I'm still having chills. The sense of crushing oppression they deliver in each episode just keeps ramping up.

Remove ads