• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Survivor D&D Computer Games- Baldur's Gate WINS!

Sacrosanct

Legend
I feel like this a gross over-exaggeration of the reaction; I've seen no claims of voter fraud or people storming out in a huff.

You were saying:

Basically, voting down Planescape: Torment is pretty much the same as someone saying that they hate Shakespeare. It tells you more about the shortcomings of the person than the thing they are talking about.

We've also had people in this thread insulting people as "edgelords" who didn't vote the way you wanted. And one person saying they lost complete faith in the process. So sorry Gradine, it's not really a gross over-exaggeration of what I said.

And to be frank Paul, anyone who feels the need to insult someone else's intelligence because they don't like the same game as you, speaks much more of what kind of person you are, rather than them for not liking your game. Get some perspective. It's a freaking video game, not Shakespeare.

And Shakepeare is only a bunch of plays.

And I know plenty of intelligent people who claim to hate Shakespeare. It's more often a refusal to engage due to inverse intellectual snobbery.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
You were saying:

I believe I was saying was "I feel like this a gross over-exaggeration of the reaction; I've seen no claims of voter fraud or people storming out in a huff." and you have provided me no evidence to the contrary. All you've got is Paul's insult (which I cannot and will not defend) and a handful of minor joke posts that I highly doubt were meant to be taken seriously (in particular the one you called out, the "Edgelords gonna edge" post, to which I responded "And hipsters gonna hip"). I've also joked, just a few posts prior, about having lost faith in the system. All you've got is one post in somewhat poor taste and a bunch of cracks that would not be out of place in any survivor thread (see also the example from the Monster Race thread lowkey just posted); certainly no "This is rigged." or "I'm taking my toys and going home!" posts, such as you claimed.

Look, it's obvious that you've taken many of these posts more personally and to heart than I'm sure they were intended (even Paul). I'm probably guilty of doing the same to your own post. I'm just saying that responding in kind or making up strawmen isn't the way to go. As you say, it's just a freaking video game. Chillax. Pull up a chair. Sip on a mimosa, and watch the inevitable Baldur's Gate showdown. Either way, Minsc wins! And in the end, isn't that all that matters*?

*My point being that none of this matters in the least bit, no matter how many times lowkey claims to control the direction of the D&D movie

Tallifer

Hero
Baldur's Gate 31
Baldur's Gate II 25
Neverwinter Nights 2
Neverwinter Nights II 6

Getting hard to find the voting posts to quote amidst all the whinging and histrionics. <laughs>

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
And Shakepeare is only a bunch of plays.

And I know plenty of intelligent people who claim to hate Shakespeare. It's more often a refusal to engage due to inverse intellectual snobbery.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that Shakespeare had more dick jokes.

...Actually now that I think about it, I'm not so sure. I'm going to have to get back to you in about 80-100 hours.

Toledo

Explorer
Baldur's Gate 31-2=29
Baldur's Gate II 25+1=26
Neverwinter Nights 2
Neverwinter Nights II 6

Getting hard to find the voting posts to quote amidst all the whinging and histrionics. <laughs>[/QUOTE]

Ed Laprade

First Post
Baldur's Gate 31
Baldur's Gate II 25 -2 = 23.
Neverwinter Nights 2 +1 = 3. Probably a waste of time, but imma vote my conscious.
Neverwinter Nights II 6

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads