The Fall of Plaguestone OOC [CLOSED]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Hey folks. I apologize for it being a while since my last post.

A few things have changed in my life and I unfortunately no longer really have time to contribute (I picked up a new commitment that is eating into writing time.)

I've been trying to balance it for a while but I don't think I can contribute to the game any more. I'm sorry to leave you all in the lurch, and I hope you understand.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Hey folks. I apologize for it being a while since my last post.

A few things have changed in my life and I unfortunately no longer really have time to contribute (I picked up a new commitment that is eating into writing time.)

I've been trying to balance it for a while but I don't think I can contribute to the game any more. I'm sorry to leave you all in the lurch, and I hope you understand.

Sorry to hear that, but I understand. If things clear up, you are always welcome back.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
LOL I didn't even realize that was there. They only have 6 hp each though, and only 4 of them. Let Targen at them with his cane ;) Or they can try and suck blood from his shriveled old carapace while you beat on them LOL

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't know about everyone else, but I've nearly completely lost touch with the plot here. I know we're investigating a death, but that's about it. I see that we're supposed to "Find Phinnick" (though I might not be able to spell it). I suppose that I could go back and read it, but if it's okay with you @KahlessNestor , maybe a quick summary of known details?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Bort Bragirth, a dwarf trader, hired you all as part of his caravan security detail. You reached the small village of Etran's Folly, and stopped overnight at The Feedmill Inn, where you met a bunch of the locals and had a meal (lots of turnips). A drunken bar brawl broke out, and when it settled down, Bort was face down in a bowl of poisoned pudding. The local Barney Fife (incompetent sheriff) assumes you're guilty of the crime and ordered you not to leave town until the magistrate arrives in a month and determines what to do with you. But he's also said if you find the killer, then you're free to go. Through talking to locals, you know that the goblin Phinnick was the one who delivered the bowl of pudding, but then he served a lot of food last night. He's also apparently disappeared. No one knows where he lives. He's a goblin. They don't much care about him. Going through Bort's books, Galahad found that Bort was making a delivery of alchemical supplies to someone initialed H.

You have also picked up a side quest from a drunken former paladin Sir Laurent Krent from Lastwall living in a nearly collapsed abandoned cottage who is being haunted by the ghost of a friend.

Any other questions? I think part of the problem is how they have structured the mystery. You're giving like ten people to talk to, most of whom really know nothing. Phinick is the key, and the adventure says he stays in hiding for two days (you're on the first day after the murder). If it helps jumpstart things, I can bring him out, if you think you're at a dead end.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
So you're supposed to wander around aimlessly for 2 days and somehow beat a ghost with no magic except for whatever magic users happen to be in the party in the meantime? :( This is worse than the Intro to Hellknight Hill.

Remove ads