log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)


log in or register to remove this ad



Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The party went north and explored another section of the old town. Nothing much of interest was found... except a well.

Made of fine topaz-flecked stone, its cover (pulley, bucket etc) had long since disappeared but otherwise was in excellent shape. It was in the middle of a clearing and you got a good look inside. It was 25 feet down to the water table, and you guesstimated that the water was 3-4 feet deep. The water inside was exceptionally clear, devoid of any debris. On the stony bottom, you can see a metal chess chained to the floor. Both the chest and the chain were made of a greenish metal.

What do you do. (it is now mid afternoon).

(you are where it says "a segment of old town", sorry I missed the X)

Troika Map 8.png
 


Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
You drop a pebble in the well.

At first, nothing peculiar happens. But then... something isn't quite right. The ripples in the water take quite a while to subside, and the ripple pattern is much too chaotic.
 



wingilbear

Explorer
Gonna try and break off a branch from the tree that is over 5ft long and drop it in the well so it pokes out of the water.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
You easily fashion a "long stick" that falls in the water and leans at an angle on the well's inner wall. As before, the ripple pattern takes a while to settle down. For a few minutes, it seems like something is tapping the stick, which twiches and shifts slightly for no reason. However, this eventually stops, and the long stick stops moving entirely. You can't see anything that would explain this phenomenon.
 

"I sure do wonder what might be in that chest," stated Dubi Gan while running his hands together greedily, "Anyone brave enough to climb down and get it?"
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Pinpehlu peers over the side curiously, not talking for a while. He is trying to understand what is happening.

"Magic," he mutters finally. "Must be guarded by magic of some sort. Can't you do any sorcery to figure out the dangers?" the porter asks cautiously.
 



wingilbear

Explorer
I will go cut down some vines and make some rope then kind of let it down into the well and swirl it around a bit and see if it has anything special happen to it.
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
OOC: After a month, I'm jumping back in!
Sorry for being so irregular!
I'll try my best to stay up to date!
Fearful about what might be found at the bottom of the well, Miu awkwardly extends his arms around the slugman's legs(?), then the slugman's waist(?).

Miu's very confused by his anatomy and has a hard time deciding how he should hold his friend if things should go wrong.

He settles on his waist and lightly hugs him.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: After a month, I'm jumping back in!
Sorry for being so irregular!
I'll try my best to stay up to date!
Fearful about what might be found at the bottom of the well, Miu awkwardly extends his arms around the slugman's legs(?), then the slugman's waist(?).

Miu's very confused by his anatomy and has a hard time deciding how he should hold his friend if things should go wrong.

He settles on his waist and lightly hugs him.
OOC: For a moment I thought you were jumping inside the well lol. You could do a second sight check to see if there is anything magical going on...

Frog Froth lowered the vine, braced by Miu, just in case. As before, the inclusion of an object inside the water caused strange waves and ripples, which settled down. However, when you moved the vine again they started again. Through the vine, you could feel vibrations - something was bumping into it!
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
You could do a second sight check to see if there is anything magical going on...

After being reassured that Frog Froth won't be dragged into the well, Miu goes off to meditate in the clearing. He sits cross-legged and sinks into his visions...
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
After being reassured that Frog Froth won't be dragged into the well, Miu goes off to meditate in the clearing. He sits cross-legged and sinks into his visions...
are you using second sight (ie detect magic) or your vision powers? If it's the first, do a second sight skill check. If it's the second, do a luck check.
 


Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top