The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Shey

Legend
OK, but again, that's a preference thing,

But you can define anything as "a preference thing" including what game system you're willing to play in the first place. That's why I say you're using that overly broadly. I'd suspect almost no one is just pitching out blind for people; they're always using some criteria they're not going to find it worthwhile without, but your take seems to be that the only reason people have a problem is they're too fussy, and your use of words like "perfect" and "exact" seems, well, a bit of a hot take here.

I guess my point is most people have criteria that are going to exclude some options--in fact I'll go as far as to say everyone does. That's why "there's this giant pool of potential players" doesn't by itself mean anything, and calling it a "self-inflicted wound" is a bit much. And that's not even counting things you have no control about such as available time.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
But you can define anything as "a preference thing" including what game system you're willing to play in the first place. That's why I say you're using that overly broadly. I'd suspect almost no one is just pitching out blind for people; they're always using some criteria they're not going to find it worthwhile without, but your take seems to be that the only reason people have a problem is they're too fussy, and your use of words like "perfect" and "exact" seems, well, a bit of a hot take here.

I guess my point is most people have criteria that are going to exclude some options--in fact I'll go as far as to say everyone does. That's why "there's this giant pool of potential players" doesn't by itself mean anything, and calling it a "self-inflicted wound" is a bit much. And that's not even counting things you have no control about such as available time.
This conversation feels like there's a specific issue that's not being spoken here that is an incredibly serious dealbreaker for you.

I promise that I don't mean to be judging anyone for this stuff. But I am also someone who is probably a lot more flexible in many ways than the average bear, so what might be a show-stopping issue for someone else may not even register for me.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I don’t see what your story has to do with anything we’re talking about but if you feel better now I guess we can ignore you and continue the discussion. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thomas Shey

Legend
This conversation feels like there's a specific issue that's not being spoken here that is an incredibly serious dealbreaker for you.

There are things that are, but they're not any one specific thing. And no, my reaction was about what seemed like some serious semantic loading that seemed to suggest if you wouldn't take any game option that came along (while allowing you to be specific about game system) that you were unreasonably picky. If that wasn't your intent, I have to say it came across that way.

I promise that I don't mean to be judging anyone for this stuff. But I am also someone who is probably a lot more flexible in many ways than the average bear, so what might be a show-stopping issue for someone else may not even register for me.

Which is fine. Not everyone is required to have the same criteria, or even as many, but I have to say man, your choice of words really did come across as pretty judgy, which was surprising given the impression I've gotten of you in other conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads