The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Muahahahahahahahaha! Today is the day! I did it!

Shortly after joining this site, a person blocked me because I made fun of Return of the Jedi. Which was their all-time favorite Star Wars movie. It was weird for so many reasons- I mean, who does that? What type of board was this? And who does some kind of weird flaunt about it and announces it?

In addition, as a Star Trek fan, I don't get this weird obsession about ranking Star Wars "correctly." Why so serious? Wait. What? What are you saying about Kirk? TAKE THAT BACK YOU DIRTY PICARD-LOVER. Ahem. Anyway ....

That occurred eight months ago. And I resolved to pass this person on the highest reaction score list, just because I could. It's good to have goals! And I did it. I'd like to thank my long and rambling posts, and my recent quarantine because I have a bad habit of licking the handrails on public transportation.

Ugh. Now I need a new goal.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, if I want to include a Hodag in my game, is it better or worse if I also include folks running around with cheese-shaped wedges on their heads and Fargo reminiscent accents?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Shortly after joining this site, a person blocked me because I made fun of Return of the Jedi. Which was their all-time favorite Star Wars movie. It was weird for so many reasons- I mean, who does that? What type of board was this? And who does some kind of weird flaunt about it and announces it?

In addition, as a Star Trek fan, I don't get this weird obsession about ranking Star Wars "correctly." Why so serious? Wait. What? What are you saying about Kirk? TAKE THAT BACK YOU DIRTY PICARD-LOVER. Ahem. Anyway ....

That occurred eight months ago. And I resolved to pass this person on the highest reaction score list, just because I could. It's good to have goals! And I did it. I'd like to thank my long and rambling posts, and my recent quarantine because I have a bad habit of licking the handrails on public transportation.

Ugh. Now I need a new goal.
Just tell the truth. Ben Sisco was the best Star Trek Captain.

Congratulations!

It was weird for so many reasons- I mean, who does that? What type of board was this? And who does some kind of weird flaunt about it and announces it?

I don't think it's against the rules to say you're ignoring someone, but I don't think it's very nice to do that. It sounds like a parting shot... I don't see the added value of telling anyone "hey, you! You draw (something, such as liquid) into the mouth through a suction force produced by movements of the lips and tongue, [I have a new year resolution to be polite] I don't want to read your content anymore".

How do you see the ranking of highest reactions? Is there a contest for the most interesting poster? Can you sort by reaction/post ratio?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
<friend stops to smell the roses>
"So, what did the rose smell like?"
<friend describes the smell>
"Bah, it's meaningless anyway unless you choose to make it so in the future."

Snarf Zagyg

Just tell the truth. Ben Sisco was the best Star Trek Captain.

Hmmm. I love me some Benjamin Sisko. I think that Sisko went from being the most under-rated Captain to being the consensus hipster choice - you know, "Oh, stop with your incessant Picard/Kirk debates. It's really Sisko! Now, help me find my unicycle."

Honestly, I think the debate comes down to the three frontrunners- Kirk, Picard, and Sisko ... because they each brought something different and a bit novel to the show. Kirk, because he was first, and he established the template. Picard, because he wasn't Kirk- he showed a completely different way to be the Captain. And Sisko somehow managed to thread both the gravitas of Picard and some of the emotion of Kirk without being either.

I love them all. I ... just love .... Kirk .... more.

I finally got around to watching all the rest of the Paramount+ Star Treks during my quarantine (I hadn't seen Picard or Lower Decks, and I was behind on ST: Disco), and I'm pondering doing a longer Star Trek post. Of relevance is that I am still thinking about Captain Burnham. I really, really love Seasons 3 & 4 (so far), but I am still trying to determine how I feel about her in the pantheon of captains.

Snarf Zagyg

Congratulations!

Thank you! I mean, it was a really petty goal, but ... I own that. :)

How do you see the ranking of highest reactions? Is there a contest for the most interesting poster? Can you sort by reaction/post ratio?

There used to be a link to it under Community. Now you have to go directly to it. Go to this page-

And there's different stuff you can look at. :)

Remove ads