• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Muahahahahahahahaha! Today is the day! I did it!

Shortly after joining this site, a person blocked me because I made fun of Return of the Jedi. Which was their all-time favorite Star Wars movie. It was weird for so many reasons- I mean, who does that? What type of board was this? And who does some kind of weird flaunt about it and announces it?

In addition, as a Star Trek fan, I don't get this weird obsession about ranking Star Wars "correctly." Why so serious? Wait. What? What are you saying about Kirk? TAKE THAT BACK YOU DIRTY PICARD-LOVER. Ahem. Anyway ....

That occurred eight months ago. And I resolved to pass this person on the highest reaction score list, just because I could. It's good to have goals! And I did it. I'd like to thank my long and rambling posts, and my recent quarantine because I have a bad habit of licking the handrails on public transportation.

Ugh. Now I need a new goal.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, if I want to include a Hodag in my game, is it better or worse if I also include folks running around with cheese-shaped wedges on their heads and Fargo reminiscent accents?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Shortly after joining this site, a person blocked me because I made fun of Return of the Jedi. Which was their all-time favorite Star Wars movie. It was weird for so many reasons- I mean, who does that? What type of board was this? And who does some kind of weird flaunt about it and announces it?

In addition, as a Star Trek fan, I don't get this weird obsession about ranking Star Wars "correctly." Why so serious? Wait. What? What are you saying about Kirk? TAKE THAT BACK YOU DIRTY PICARD-LOVER. Ahem. Anyway ....

That occurred eight months ago. And I resolved to pass this person on the highest reaction score list, just because I could. It's good to have goals! And I did it. I'd like to thank my long and rambling posts, and my recent quarantine because I have a bad habit of licking the handrails on public transportation.

Ugh. Now I need a new goal.
Just tell the truth. Ben Sisco was the best Star Trek Captain.

Congratulations!

It was weird for so many reasons- I mean, who does that? What type of board was this? And who does some kind of weird flaunt about it and announces it?

I don't think it's against the rules to say you're ignoring someone, but I don't think it's very nice to do that. It sounds like a parting shot... I don't see the added value of telling anyone "hey, you! You draw (something, such as liquid) into the mouth through a suction force produced by movements of the lips and tongue, [I have a new year resolution to be polite] I don't want to read your content anymore".

How do you see the ranking of highest reactions? Is there a contest for the most interesting poster? Can you sort by reaction/post ratio?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
<friend stops to smell the roses>
"So, what did the rose smell like?"
<friend describes the smell>
"Bah, it's meaningless anyway unless you choose to make it so in the future."

Snarf Zagyg

Just tell the truth. Ben Sisco was the best Star Trek Captain.

Hmmm. I love me some Benjamin Sisko. I think that Sisko went from being the most under-rated Captain to being the consensus hipster choice - you know, "Oh, stop with your incessant Picard/Kirk debates. It's really Sisko! Now, help me find my unicycle."

Honestly, I think the debate comes down to the three frontrunners- Kirk, Picard, and Sisko ... because they each brought something different and a bit novel to the show. Kirk, because he was first, and he established the template. Picard, because he wasn't Kirk- he showed a completely different way to be the Captain. And Sisko somehow managed to thread both the gravitas of Picard and some of the emotion of Kirk without being either.

I love them all. I ... just love .... Kirk .... more.

I finally got around to watching all the rest of the Paramount+ Star Treks during my quarantine (I hadn't seen Picard or Lower Decks, and I was behind on ST: Disco), and I'm pondering doing a longer Star Trek post. Of relevance is that I am still thinking about Captain Burnham. I really, really love Seasons 3 & 4 (so far), but I am still trying to determine how I feel about her in the pantheon of captains.

Snarf Zagyg

Congratulations!

Thank you! I mean, it was a really petty goal, but ... I own that. :)

How do you see the ranking of highest reactions? Is there a contest for the most interesting poster? Can you sort by reaction/post ratio?

There used to be a link to it under Community. Now you have to go directly to it. Go to this page-

And there's different stuff you can look at. :)

Remove ads