• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tomalor looks very frightened when he sees the woman wave, a shiver going though his spine. To distract himself, he goes to work on the internal sensors, looking for any other signs of activity. He had to find something to help them... so far, everything was a dead end.

Douane

First Post
"One moment, I need to check something."

Holding a hand (and a lek) up in a "Stop!" gesture Sianni walks over the door of the office, opens it and pokes her head out to look left and right. "Nope, no airlock nearby. So we have the following situation: K'ril enter the station which is caught by the security cams. Lockdown procedure amounts to a grand total of two sentences but they still can't finish it till the K'ril are in here. So either you have pretty weird procedures in place like "No lockouts unless during a lomin ale run." or they didn't even see that security footage because someone arranged for just that. I'll discount the "too much spice to to able to differentiate between security cams and a vid soap" theory for the moment." Turning to Martina she answers her objection. "Yeah, real tricky that. And yet we have full security details on a good number of Ijatsis, according to what my hammerhead friend discovered in that droid's brain. Your husband insists your data can't be sliced so either someone leaked those or you have a very odd company newsletter: 'A heartfelt congratulation from the Management to Sarin Dolan who has just finished his thirtieth year with our company. In other news, Devan Ijatsi has decided to reduce his security detail again. Following is his full schedule (including private appointments) for the next week.' Which do you think more likely, hmm," Sianni finishes with a smug smile.

"On second thought, there is another explanation. Perhaps K'ril coming aboard isn't that much of an unusual occurence to initiate a security lockdown. Perhaps the deal broke down when one side became to greedy and the K'ril decided that, being already here, it might be kinda convenient to take what they came for free of charge. Now, how does that sound, I wonder?" Sianni grins delightedly while her hands drop to her thighs, just in case.

drothgery

First Post
"Or more likely, they grabbed one of our shuttles and persuaded the pilot to let them onboard with a blaster to his head. And they used some trick of the Force to dazzle the sensors, which if it wasn't what that woman was doing, she's an impressive actor." Martina said.

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela turns from the door and prowls into the security office, her eyes distant with thought.

"The recordings in the main system were largely destroyed. Do the sensors themselves have buffers or memory within them that might be intact?"

Douane

First Post
"That's it? That's all?" Sianni asks in reply, mimicking a wide-eyed expression of surprise. "A blaster to the head and some force-stuff? Not even an attempt to explain the piece of footage we got that clearly shows a group of unauthorized "visitors" including a number of anything-but-astrodroids till it blanks out of the blue - but which still didn't raise any flags in the security office? No system of secret codes that indicate a highjacked shuttle?

As I said there are a number of possible explanations, none of them good. You don't like any of them - that I can understand. Nobody wants to admit making mistakes. Still, to err is human.

Let us go over them again: First one, making common cause with the K'ril. Not hard to see why you'd deny this. Second, the mole. Also something you don't like because everyone in that corporation of yours is a friendly, upstanding member of society. Third, security measures designed by inbred degenerates - the best reason for not relying on family too much. Electronic security is nice and all that but putting Cousin Stupid in charge of security just because he's family usually doesn't. Better to rely on independent talent for that.

Seriously, "the force did it" just doesn't cut it. Not here, not now. So, which door will you take?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Sianni," Kacela reproves, "They may not -know-. In any event, assuming that certain things MUST be true only undermines the search for answers, because it closes the mind to possibilities outside those assumptions."

"Lets see what more we can learn before we try to reconstruct what happened."

Douane

First Post
"Perhaps," Sianni answers sourly, annoyed at having her "scene" interrupted. "It's possible. I don't know how to align a fusion reactor but that still doesn't make me insist fusion reactors can't be aligned. I've dealt with this business people before and what we get here is prime example of something called "stonewalling". Not the best, but still serviceable. And it's usually done because you've got something to hide. Now, I couldn't care less about their dirty little secrets but if the K'ril are involved somehwere it directly impinges on my contract to hunt them down."

Shayuri

First Post
"There's no evidence to support that," Kacela reminds the Twi'lek. "Lets focus on investigating the facts before we start fishing on hunches."

"Besides, if there was a mole, or if their security had been penetrated, I don't think it's reasonable to assume Devan or any other company official knew about it, yet. Our time is better spent elsewhere."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Tomalor is trying to check old sensor logs (internal/external) and the current sensor status. Do I need a roll?

As the Ithorian taps at the machine, he says, "K'ril sing the discordant song, songs that make the machines mad. Unharmonized droids and disrupted sensors are the core of their power. Tomalor know."

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Meanwhile, back on the ship...]Hawke swings into the pilot's seat of the Korlen Phet and carefully checks all of his sensors for any trace of something out of place before setting up the signal jammer.[/sblock]

Remove ads