• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sunken Temple

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer kneels along with the others, as the others finish their statements Chaucer bites his tongue. Resisting the temptation to wane on the history of the betrayal, or the moral discrepancy they currently found themselves in. Instead, he simply kept his eyes on the floor and hoped simply his frustration would go unnoticed.

Walking Dad

First Post
"But… he knew the sacred words and rites. I gave him the power of the temple!" The spirit says confused, pausing as in deep thought...

OOC: Two more successes against DC 15 with bluff, diplomacy or sense motive and you won the complex skill check (I counted Kanli's roll as another siccess as I forgot to post the rules and the DC before). Don't try intimidate!

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer hears confusion in the spirits voice and looks up. Malady, no offense to your wisdom or understanding, but you are not alone in this state of betrayal. Nolandor Frasti betrayed his deity not once, not twice, but three times as he slowly fell deeper and deeper into his pursuit of power. Your high priest simply has done his research, and knew the words to say, but the heart was far from the words that were spoken.

He hesitates, as if trying to make a decision before sighing and then nodding, looks back up into the eyes of the spirit. I come to you now with truth. Though I will not worship you with my life, I will serve you in this endeavor, to rid your temple of this vile fiend! In this we can become allies, and once that is done, We will not return with harm for this place. Chaucer continues staring at the spirit as she mulled the words over.

nfred

First Post
Brenic kneels down beside the others bowing his head in a sign of reverence and respect to this powerful being in front of him. Brenic looks up as if to say something, but then thinks better of it. He places his hand on Chaucer's shoulder to show his support and encouragement.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli considers a moment. "The sacred words and rites? They are yours to know. The power you bestow, it is yours to give and yours to take! Come, tell us, how shall we worship your Blood Goddess? What shall we say to you and to Her?"

With a grin, Kanli adds, "Surely completion of the Blood Goddess's will is more important that whichever hand carries it out."

Walking Dad

First Post
The spirit lets out a cry of frustration. "I am grown weak through neglect! For such a one to convince me that he served the Mistress…bah. You — even though I do not believe you are servants of the Blood Goddess either, I ask you to strike him down.
I would go myself, but I cannot leave this room. I can, though, remove his magic barrier. Go, slay this creature and I will overlook your trespass here. I will even grant you the Lady’s treasure, that you may use it against the false one."
She holds a hand toward the altar. "And I will grant you a measure of her power." She waves a hand, and you are momentarily washed with blood — then the blood vanishes, and you feel restored.

OOC: All HP and spell / abilities are restored.

A small compartment of the altar opens, revealing a rod on a blood-red cushion.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli's eyes widen as the rod is presented, and he jumps across the room like a puppy.

"You are too kind! Your generosity is limitless! I humbly thank you, servant of Her Sanguine Majesty!"

Kanli grabs the rod.

Lughart

First Post
"Thank you for seeing it our way." Kilkin stands up, then bows humbly before the guardian. He then urges the group to get moving, but takes care not to go in the front again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads