• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sunken Temple

nfred

First Post
Brenic will step forward a attack the priest.
ooc: sorry for the slow posting. i went home for the holidays and had scare internet connection.

Walking Dad

First Post
Room 3

Surprise round 0

The hooded man is still at work. The women are moving now, but they are not conscious — they appear to be trapped in torturous dreams. They shift and moan in their manacles, faces contorted in pain. The dark priest holds the gold bowl of blood over the woman on the slab, chanting loudly in his papery voice. A reddish glow comes from the bowl.

The hooded cleric stutters to a stop and takes a step backward as the force feel drops between you.
"How did…?" he stammers. At that moment the women’s eyes blink open, and they gaze around in confusion. The woman on the slab has wide blue eyes which look to you.
"Help me!" she cries, and struggles against her bonds.
The monstrous cleric snarls and hunches over his bowl of blood.
"You have only delayed me. I will finish my work."

---

Aradra takes an arrow out of his quiver, and aims it carefully at the Cleric. Trying to aim well, he pulls back and fires. The arrow flies true, but just gets absorbed in the crawling mass that is the creatures skin.
Elros draws his bow and takes a shot a the evil cultist, too, his arrow hitting the cultist hard, but not as hard a normal being would have suffered.
Kilkin keeps back, focusing his attention on the priest and channeling it into his weapon.
Chaucer takes a step in the direction of his image, while the image does the same towards him. With bows raised, as they cross, he fires, aiming to penetrate the shadows under the cowl of the priests robe, but misses.
You shall not torture these souls any longer, because we are here to cast you into the abyss!
"Good," Kanli replies, charging and touching the rod at the being. "I'll finish Her Sanguine Majesty's work!"
The priest body dissolves in stinking blood, but some of his insects swarm away, infecting the amphibian guards.
With one voice they speak: "You cannot destroy me that easily!"
Brenic quickly charges forward and hits one of the 'infected' creatures.

[sblock=ooc]

Priest Fortitude save (DC 19) (1d20+3=18)

Dissolution Damage (12d6=41) (This charge was part of the group treasure)

[sblock=Initiative]

[/sblock]

[sblock=HP and Conditions]

Chaucer 7/7
Kanli 11/11
Brenic 10/10
Elros 12/12
Arada 12/12
Kilkin 7/7

Amphibian 1: -5
Amphibian 2:
Amphibian 3:
Dark Cleric: dead ???

[/sblock][/sblock]

Heroes turn. Please repost your actions for the first regular round because of the massive changes (you keep your rolls)

Attachments

• Room 3 1.JPG
    Room 3 1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 64

Lughart

First Post
Directing his divination to the priests minions, Kilkin throws his javelin at one of the posessed frogmen.

[sblock=actons]Move: move to V31.
Standard: throw javelin at enemy 2, aided by true strike.

Keeping previous rolls gives me a 39 to hit and 9 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra had already had a bead on the cleric when Kanli ran past him and touched him with the rod. Seeing the actions, the ranger shifts his aim, and instead targets one of these...things in the back

[sblock=target]
Attacking Q27. Still, I doubt a 10 will hit, unless all his AC comes from DEX.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads