D&D 5E Toward a new D&D aesthetics

What is your feeling about the changes in aesthetics of D&D illustrations?

• I really enjoy those changes. The illustrations resemble well my ideal setting!

• I'm ok with those changes, even if my ideal setting has a different aesthetics.

• I'm uncertain about those changes

• I'm not ok with those changes because it impairs my immersion in the game.

• I hate those changes, I do not recognize D&D anymore

• The art doesn't really matter to me either way. I don't buy/play the game for the art.

• Change in aesthetics? Where? What?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But their poses are more forced, which I think was the point (thus the use of the word). There's more to realism than anatomical correctness.
This demonstrate how it is impossible to come to an agreement about those things, giving subjective perception jointed with semantic ambiguity of all terms involved.
Aside, I find the second even disturbing flat in perspective.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
The first one looks weird, and the second one realistic?! Do you have no sense for human anatomy? The barbarian in the second picture looks comically grotesque! Whereas characters in the first picture are all well-proportioned and anatomically correct.
The barbarian is scared butt ain't wearing armor. And he's all stretched out.

Too jarring in the foreground.

Last edited:

Undrave

Legend
For many, it's just an update. To others, like me, it's a complete abomination and eye sore, lol. Although INCREDIBLY similar, one just has that softer tone to it that I can't stand.
To me it looks like it comes down to the inking method used. The old art was colored by hand and still has grain to it, while the modern one was digitally coloured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads