D&D 5E Two Subclasses from Tasha for Barbarian and Warlock

WotC has posted two previews from the upcoming Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything — the barbarian’s Path of Wild Magic and the warlock’s Genie patron. You can download them both as PDFs. https://dndcelebration2020.com/#/previews

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I wish they would stop adding more Fey-related subclasses, honestly. Someone at WotC really likes the Feywild, because it seems that every new group of player options has a new way to interact with it.
Yeah it’s odd I suppose but weirder by a connection with a tiefling?

character is good outdoors and survival and getting mad and....magic?

I....gotta quit. Someone will like it. Who am I to say? But literally no appeal. Conan who spams flumphs? 🤣 I don’t know where this is coming from in fiction or the game or anywhere!

More options means more happiness for more people. It’s all good.

Wow, never thought I’d see d3s in 5e!

I don’t get the hate for the wild magic Barbarian, I think it’s awesome.

Yeah, I like the subclass conceptually, but can tell you that if it isn't a typo (like control warmer), they VERY first houserule I apply to that subclass is making those d3's a d4. The second (assuming there isn't a tweaked wild magic chart already) is to apply my houserule of wild magic I already use for the sorcerer: allowing them to pick if the effect is centered on the caster or the target of where their spell was supposed to be.

plisnithus8

Adventurer
I’m doing my first Adventurers Leagure game at Celebration Friday. The character creation rules say we can use Tasha’a as a source book and includes customizing origins.

Since the book isn’t out, is the origin swaps all we can use from it or are these 2 subclasses allowed? Is there more Tasha’s mechanics we can use somewhere?

Stalker0

Legend
Oh right! That lessens the being annoying part, but I think it is still a bit thematically weak for the style of the class. I'm not sure that 'magic detector' meshes so well with the chaos theme of the rest of class.

I am actually the opposite. I would rather have a class just have the ability always on, then have it be a common ability they have to track. If the barbarian can sniff magic, then I simply tell them when there's magic around....I don't even have to wait for the player to say anything I just include it in the description. That is so much easier than... "alright everyone you see a room and...(barbarian: OH I want to detect magic)....yeah I'll get to that in a moment".

Remove ads

Remove ads