Umbrella academy season 3. No spoilers please

I dont recall the soundtrack at all. I just remember Prince tunes and Batdance.

You don't remember this?

I meant - how many other movies we have these days are like Nolan movies? How many are, in some sense, taking things from his style?

No doubt he has been hugely influential. But I don't think he is to blame for soundtracks in movies having less presence these days. He is merely the most obvious example.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
You don't remember this?

No doubt he has been hugely influential. But I don't think he is to blame for soundtracks in movies having less presence these days. He is merely the most obvious example.
Nope just this,

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You don't remember this?

I'm not sure every composer is capable of really memorable sountracks. Only a few composers seem to hit that highest level multiple times. Elfman and Williams are the big ones that I can think of. I'm sure that there are a few others, but there are hundreds of good movies that don't have those great soundtracks.

p_johnston

Adventurer
A lot of composers also aren't aiming for memorable soundtracks. They're aiming for a soundtrack that enhances the scenes they're in without overshadowing. While having big epic scores can be a good thing and enhance a movie sometimes most of the time it's better if the music is something that our not consciously thinking about.

Hussar

Legend
By the same token, if you hum the first few bars of the theme song of a lot of movies, you'll get some pretty instant recognition. Hum the first few bars of the Harry Potter theme and every kid in the room starts humming with you. Instant recognition.

I can't be the only one who got goosebumps when Immigrant Song started playing in Thor Ragnarock.

Greg K

Legend
It took me a few espisodes to warm up to Season 1 when I was first introduced to the show between S1 and S2, However, I got hooked.
As for Season 3, I really enjoyed it.
Regarding Season 4, from what I have read, it has been confirmed and will be the last.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hope there’s another season. Does this follow comics at all?

No. It takes the comics as an initial inspiration, and then takes off like a rocket in its own direction. Which I find to be a good thing, as the comics plot isn't great.

Ryujin

Legend
No. It takes the comics as an initial inspiration, and then takes off like a rocket in its own direction. Which I find to be a good thing, as the comics plot isn't great.
Some things lend themselves to direct translation to another medium. Others don't. For example, while many old fans were pissed at how "Watchmen" didn't use the scene with the giant squid thing, I doubt it really would have played well in the movie.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Some things lend themselves to direct translation to another medium. Others don't. For example, while many old fans were pissed at how "Watchmen" didn't use the scene with the giant squid thing, I doubt it really would have played well in the movie.
I loved the graphic novel and was waiting forever to see the movie. Didn't bug me that he changed the giant squid out. For the already bloated runtime of the film, it just wouldn't make a lot of sense to explain the squid. The series on the other hand, was able to include it because they had the time to explain it, and more importantly, show how it worked.

So, yeah there are likely good reasons to make changes from novel to film. I have seen bad reasons to make changes, which is why I think super fans get a little nervous about these things. Over the years, creators seem to be more sensitive to this and avoid making the bad calls. Still can happen though its a tricky subject.

Remove ads