Umbrella academy season 3. No spoilers please

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Having no idea about the real life stuff about the actor, it was a bit of a surprise for me, but, wow, was that handled just pitch perfectly. Never became a "thing". It was just there, done, and became part of the story. Dunno. Not explaining myself too well. But, I did think they nailed it perfectly.

Eliot Page was really lucky to have been staring in Umbrella Academy when he transitioned. It was the perfect show to be on at that time in his life. I just knew that the show would handle it well, and it didn't disappoint. If anything, it makes good sense for the character (in my totally ignorant cis opinion, to be honest). At any rate, I was happy to see how well it worked.

I haven't watched the whole season yet, but so far I think it's been excellent.

Hussar

Legend
One thing I really did notice in this season though was Luthor's accent is just all over the freaking place. Maybe it always was, but, this season I really noticed it. DIdn't really bother me, but, it was kinda funny.

And, I'll be honest, while I really hope they do a Season 4 and wrap things up, I wouldn't be all that sad if they called it quits here. It's not a bad point where they could. I hope they don't. I really want to see how the story rolls forward. But, yeah, if they said, "nope, this is the last season", I could be pretty happy with this ending.

Unlike Final Space. Those bastards!!!! Give me my final season!

Mezuka

Hero
Fell asleep during episode 6, the one with the strange mirror corridor and reverse hotel. Continuing tonight. Hope it gets better.

Last edited:

Mezuka

Hero
Watched episode 7 and 8 last night. It does get better. The hotel manager is very intriguing (the actor was Death in Supernatural).

Argyle King

Legend
One thing I'm confused about is what the intent of the show is concerning how I (as the audience) am supposed to feel about Vanya/Viktor.

I get the impression that I'm supposed to have sympathy for the character, but I don't.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It is hard to like Viktor this season, considering all the lying he did to his own family.
Thats, sort of on brand for the Umbrellas though. They are quite dysfunctional. I suppose, Vanya/Viktor historically has not been privy to knowledge others have had, so was one of the only family members that didn't lie and manipulate. Welcome to the family Viktor.

Argyle King

Legend
In general, I find it hard to like the character - even in seasons 1 & 2.

Sometimes, I struggle with that when it comes to Luther too. But I think that's more because the "big dumb guy" trope is taken a bit too far in some episodes.

In terms of Vanya/Viktor, I feel like the show is trying to convince me that I should feel sympathy, but for some reason I don't. Most of the time, I find the character unlikable.

Though, I am intrigued by the White Violin concept. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I'm not sure if that's explored further.

I have a few episodes left of season 3. Maybe I'll feel differently after finishing.

Remove ads