What are you doing with the money you aren't spending on gaming products?

jokamachi

Explorer
Since the release of 4e I have had a lot more cash than I used to. I have been saving at least $150 per month which means I have saved about a thousand dollars in the last six months or so. So far I have travelled to the bay area, taken my SO out to dinner a few times, picked up some new textbooks for my classes, and bought a wii. All in all, not a bad year.

The Ghost

Explorer
I joined the local Racquetball, Swim, and Health Club. I am trying to get back into shape for baseball season this summer. With a complete set of 3.5e books as well as a random assortment of BECMI, 1e, 2e, and 4e books, I think I have everything I need to game for the foreseeable future.

Toben the Many

First Post
I find that when I'm not spending money on gaming books, I tend to buy other stuff like terrain material for the table top, miniatures, or video games.

In the past year, my purchase of terrain, miniatures, and video games has certainly gone up.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
You used to spend $150 on gaming books a month? I've bought all I want for 4e, am actively playing and DMing, and have spent $200 or less TOTAL.

Edgewood

First Post
My wife and I are expecting our third child so we have been purchasing all of the accouterments (stroller, crib, clothes and what not) as well as looking at buying a bigger vehicle.

JackSmithIV

First Post
Tons of books. Just picked up some Roberto Bolano, Edgar Allan Poe, Steven King, and Milan Kundera. Also plenty of vanity expenditures, ie: hair cut, clothes, the shoes are at the shop getting shined and re-laced. The occassional show (NYC), the occasional dinner. Been shelling out for dates recently. So everyday stuff.

Remove ads