D&D 5E What classes do you want to come out next?

What are your top 3 picks for 3.5 classes to be reprinted in 4ed?

• Swashbuckler

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Hexblade

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Spellthief

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Scout

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Favored Soul

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Healer

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Beguiler

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Duskblade

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Dragon Shaman

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Knight

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Samurai

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Shamen

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Shugenja

• Sohei

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Wu-Jen

• Ninja

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Crusader

• Swordsage

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Warblade

• Incarnate

• Soulborn

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Totemist

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Binder

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Shadowcaster

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Truenamer

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Warmage

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Marshal

• Artificer

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Psion

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Wilder

• Psiwarrior

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Soulknife

Votes: 23 21.7%

Andor

First Post
We know that the PHB I will include 8 classes.

Fighter, Rogue, Wizard and Cleric for certain.

Warlord, Warlock, Paladin and Ranger are most likely the other four.

We've been promised that anybody present in the 3ed PHB will be ported over to 4e so the Druid, Monk, Bard, Barbarian and Sorcerer are all on call for the PHB II.

Who else do you want to see in a hurry?

... You know I just listed out the other base classes for the poll... 32? Damm but we have a lot of classes in 3.5... :confused:

Okay, and for the poll, I'm going to leave multiple options open, but I'd like everyone to select just their top 3.

Rechan

Adventurer
PHB: Druid and Monk. Gimmie gimmie gimmie. Hopefully instead of just slapping a 4e sticker on the Druid, they'll fracture the Druid into various classes with the Nature Source.

Psionics, natch.

All the specialty mages and the Swordmage, and The Binder.

I'm hoping there will be some mechanism that will make the Archivist obsolete, or unnecessary to convert. I love their flavor, and it is a quaint little class, but if they rig the Cleric to manage it, that's great. :)

I also hope that the Warlock ganks the Hexblade's stuff, namely because the Hexblade was fairly weak but flavorful.

Though, I will say that the inclusion of the Warlord has me fairly pumped. I love the Dragon Shaman's ability to buff people, while being able to leap into Melee and mix it up. So I'm looking forward to the Warlord.

Andor

First Post
Rechan said:
I'm hoping there will be some mechanism that will make the Archivist obsolete, or unnecessary to convert. I love their flavor, and it is a quaint little class, but if they rig the Cleric to manage it, that's great. :)

Gah. I forgot the Archivist. And Dread Necromancer. *doh* Well, it's their own fault for being stuck in books I don't have.

Rechan

Adventurer
Andor said:
Gah. I forgot the Archivist. And Dread Necromancer. *doh* Well, it's their own fault for being stuck in books I don't have.
It seems the Necromancer might be getting their own class, so I think "Dread Necromancer" might very well be taken care of. (Although I thought the fact that the Dread Necro got Animate dead at level frickin' 8 was stupid.) Also, since the Ranger ganked the Scout, I think making the Scout might be redundant - but that's me.

Oh man, I totally forgot about the artificer. As an Eberron DM, I should scourge myself.

Voted for Artificer, Binder and Psion.

I would have voted Truenamer, because I just want to see their mechanics done right. The class has excellent flavor, but terrible execution.

Last edited:

Andor

First Post
*sigh* And the Factotum.

Am I missing any other base classes besdies the Factotum, Archivist and Dread Necromancer? Should I redo the poll?

Zurai

First Post
I picked Binder, Truenamer, and Psion.

Not because I liked the classes specifically (though I don't mind Psion), but rather because the concepts behind those classes NEED to be represented at some point in 4E.

The vast majority of the classes on that list can be done with a talent tree or feat tree; However, I think those three classes/power sources are going to have to have actual base classes devoted to them.

I'd just like a good summoner class.

I don't think they even had that in 3E, at least not one that I saw.

Good summoning spells mind, I particularly liked Astral Construct, but no class built from 1st level to bring outsiders into dedicated service like the Sha'ir from 2E Al-Quadim.

Daztur

Adventurer
I honestly hope that none of these classes are necessary. The 3.5ed base class bloat got insane after a while, I hope that players can get the right flavor by using talent trees, feats or somesuch and by having better multiclassing rules.

I don't want to have to do anything more complicated than fighter 10/wizard 10 to have an effective gish "build."

Imp

First Post
I picked the psi classes simply because it's unlikely they'll be killed & looted by the core classes. I hope the Warlock eats the Binder and the Monk eats the Swordsage (or vice versa) and the Fighter eats the Swashbuckler and the Ranger eats the Scout. But really it's going to be a matter of waiting and seeing what the core classes look like and what concepts they'll cover.

Remove ads