What film(s) have you seen the most times?

It has to be a tie between Conan the Barbarian (1982) and of all things, Kingpin (1996). Conan is absolutely my favorite movie. I never get tired of watching it or listening to the soundtrack. Kingpin, well, I made it my job to introduce as many people to it in college as I could, armed with a single VHS tape. For better or worse, I know I've spent over 24 hours of my life watching Kingpin.

I generally don't rewatch films, so the very few exceptions stick out.
-- all the lord of the rings. I've seen each easily four times, and I'm talking extensed DVD / BluRay stuff.
-- The Great Race. Funniest film, hands down
-- Inception. Cause you kinda have to.
-- Shrek 1. My kids took turns falling in love, so we had to.

Done.

Hex08

Hero
The original Star Wars trilogy, the Star Trek Movies, The Princess Bride, Excalibur, Time Bandits, Dark City, The Matrix, Glory, Raiders of the Lost Ark and A Christmas Story.

Edited to add: Now that I have been looking closer at other people's lists there are a bunch of other movies that I have seen a bunch of times that I didn't list. Several Tarantino movies, Blade Runner and Alien are examples

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Ignoring films that were played a lot when the kids were young, for movies that I specifically choose for myself to watch, it is either Blade Runner or Highlander.

Mercurius

Legend
A little surprised how much love 13th Warrior gets. I mean, I enjoyed it when I saw it, but some folks just revere that movie.
I had the same thought, but it makes me think I should give it a re-watch. If I remember correctly, it came out at a time when there weren't a lot of fantasy offerings, so I had high hopes for it. I saw it in the theater when it came out and was underwhelmed.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I had the same thought, but it makes me think I should give it a re-watch. If I remember correctly, it came out at a time when there weren't a lot of fantasy offerings, so I had high hopes for it. I saw it in the theater when it came out and was underwhelmed.

I think a lot of folks who watch The 13th Warrior go into it with the expectation of a big action film, while, although there are battles and action, it's actually more of a film about the Hero's Journey than the fights the hero gets into along the way. If you look at it as a reality tv show following a regular guy as he gets dragged off to become a hero, it gets more interesting. Think of Antonio Banderas as a really tall hobbit, lol.

If you read the introduction to Crichton's book, The Eaters of the Dead, he actually wrote it as a faux scholarly paper to explore the question of how legends take root from real-life seeds - He tacked the Beowulf story onto the real-life travelogue written by a 13th-century Arab who actually did travel far into the northwestern part of Russia, and threw in the possibility of small pockets of Neanderthals surviving into the modern era. I definitely recommend reading the book (or at least the intro to it, lol) to anyone seeking a deeper appreciation of the movie.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think a lot of folks who watch The 13th Warrior go into it with the expectation of a big action film, while, although there are battles and action, it's actually more of a film about the Hero's Journey than the fights the hero gets into along the way. If you look at it as a reality tv show following a regular guy as he gets dragged off to become a hero, it gets more interesting. Think of Antonio Banderas as a really tall hobbit, lol.
This makes me never want to see it again.
If you read the introduction to Crichton's book, The Eaters of the Dead, he actually wrote it as a faux scholarly paper to explore the question of how legends take root from real-life seeds - He tacked the Beowulf story onto the real-life travelogue written by a 13th-century Arab who actually did travel far into the northwestern part of Russia, and threw in the possibility of small pockets of Neanderthals surviving into the modern era. I definitely recommend reading the book (or at least the intro to it, lol) to anyone seeking a deeper appreciation of the movie.
This brings back my interest.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
It's a good movie. Lots of fun scenes, nice more realistic take on Beowulf, good atmosphere and performances, with no "name" actors other than Banderas, which adds to the immersion. It's also pretty close to an all warrior/ranger/rogue D&D party a la 2nd Ed AD&D's Vikings Campaign Sourcebook.

TheSword

Legend
Jurassic Park, the first. The best film of all time. It really isn’t dated at all, with the exception of the computing stuff.

Love it so much, I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve seen it.

Remove ads