What will you do with the Economy Boost money?

Dr. Harry

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Yeah, they want people to spend, which is one of the main reasons why our economy sucks to begin with. People overspend what they can afford and default on loans, etc. Great way to encourage fiscal responsibility. I'd rather the government keep the money and pay off the national debt and try to get the dollar's value out of the crapper.

Fight the Power!! I'm paying down debt.

Aurora

First Post
EricNoah said:
We might stick it into savings/investments or we might just hang on to it to help pay property taxes in December.
I hate having to pay property taxes. The house we live in just has them rolled into the mortgage, but our other house isn't mortgaged, so we have to pay it every year. :\ It wouldn't be so bad if we would budget for it, but we don't.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It depends.... If that 600 bux is non-taxable income then I most likely will use it to pay off my credit card bill then put the rest to good use..and buy several last 3.x books from wotc.

If it's taxable, or if they decide to make it into a advance on next year's return, then I'll might just use it for a kindling.

Harmon

First Post
Its just an advance on your next years refund. What every you get will come right off the top of that would would get next April 15th.

Least that is the way it was explained to me.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Harmon said:
Its just an advance on your next years refund. What every you get will come right off the top of that would would get next April 15th.

That's how it was last time. I was so happy to see the huge refund until I realized I'd already gotten most of it. (Then again, last few years I've owed them a bit of money, though not much)

Brad

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Not A Refund Advance

Harmon said:

That's how the last one worked, but NOT this time.

(I wasn't sure, so I checked: Linkie-Link to IRS website)

The Government said:
Q. Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the Stimulus Payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

bento

Explorer
Pay down the credit card. Between it and our recent tax refund, it will cut in half our current debt on the card.

Remove ads