Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
This episode was both great and jarring, like episode 1. Some of the changes weren't as smooth or in my mind necessary like they have been in episodes 2-7. Also, the beginning scene where Lew Therin is talking to the Amyrlin Seat has a minor error in it which really doesn't take away from how good that scene was. At the end she calls him the Dragon Reborn, instead of just the Dragon. Rand is the Dragon Reborn.

What I really liked.

1. The opening scene.
2. Showing us a circle of female channelers.
3. Tarwin's Gap battle.
4. Rand's psychological battle.
5. The Seanchan's entrance.
6. Padan Fain's part in the show.

What I really didn't like.

1. Where the Horn of Valere was found.
2. That Rand's psychological battle was really the one Egwene went through in the books. They should have given him one of his own.
3. Moiraine being stilled at the Eye of the World.

What I'm unsure about.

1. The part where it looked like Loial was killed.
2. The change to channelers burning themselves out where it kills instead of stills.

This episode was both great and jarring, like episode 1. Some of the changes weren't as smooth or in my mind necessary like they have been in episodes 2-7. Also, the beginning scene where Lew Therin is talking to the Amyrlin Seat has a minor error in it which really doesn't take away from how good that scene was. At the end she calls him the Dragon Reborn, instead of just the Dragon. Rand is the Dragon Reborn.

What I really liked.

1. The opening scene.
2. Showing us a circle of female channelers.
3. Tarwin's Gap battle.
4. Rand's psychological battle.
5. The Seanchan's entrance.
6. Padan Fain's part in the show.

What I really didn't like.

1. Where the Horn of Valere was found.
2. That Rand's psychological battle was really the one Egwene went through in the books. They should have given him one of his own.
3. Moiraine being stilled at the Eye of the World.

What I'm unsure about.

1. The part where it looked like Loial was killed.
2. The change to channelers burning themselves out where it kills instead of stills.

What happened to Moiraine looked more like a tied-off shield rather than stilling. Also, it didn't break the warder bond.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If five women can do that.... What could the Aes Sadai do? And, why not do that on the other side of the gate?
It's about getting enough Aes Sedai in the right place, at the right time: the Blight is a couple thousand miles long. And when push comes to shove, the Dark One has Channelers on the other side. Indeed, thw entire first 1e and a half books are a setup for a wargame scenario, essentially, that takes place in the final book to provide background and context while Jordan moves the pieces around the board (that part he finished writing).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
It's about getting enough Aes Sedai in the right place, at the right time: the Blight is a couple thousand miles long. And when push comes to shove, the Dark One has Channelers on the other side. Indeed, thw entire first 1e and a half books are a setup for a wargame scenario, essentially, that takes place in the final book to provide background and context while Jordan moves the pieces around the board (that part he finished writing).
None of which is in the show. But thanks for telling me what's coming.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Just providing some context: "the Last Battle is coming" is barely a spoiler, to be honest.

Not conveying the scale of the world and giving some logistical context seems to be a flaw of the show shortening the cross country travel and detailed descriptions.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
All of that was in the show. The blight was in the show. The dark one having a channeler was in this last episode. And moving towards the last battle with this being the first step was in this last episode. The only thing that post revealed was that the show's scope is smaller, which can't be helped due to the medium involved. The show just can't encompass it all, so it's not really a spoiler to say it was larger in the books. The show isn't going to be like that.

Remove ads