• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When to start a new PbP thread...

MerakSpielman

First Post
Is there a rule of etiquette of when to start a new PbP thread (to continue the same game)? Mine is onto its tenth page or so... And we've really just gotten to the first level of the dungeon.

When do you all kill your old thread and start a new one?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Is there a rule of etiquette of when to start a new PbP thread?

Well, no, not really. Do what you feel works. I stop after 300 posts at some time, to keep my threads clean and easy to find information from. Some people go upwards to around 700. Nobody looks down on threads, but the load time when a thread gets larger is higher.

However, the old-rule, from the old forum (before we moved to cyberstreet) was 200 posts per thread maximum. Nowadays we like to limit it to 400-450, but nobody has a problem with a thread till it hits 900 or more. The hivemind threads are shut down between 600-750.

Whatever you want to do will work.

KitanaVorr

First Post
ICCG is almost to 900 posts, I've been thinking of shutting it down and starting a new thread some time soon...can you believe it?;)

872 posts already geez...posting fiends...

Jemal

Adventurer
hey, kit.. You know your PBP Ettiquette thread that got stickied to the top? Maybe you could add something about this into there, eh?

OH, and I'm thinking maybe after this dojo scene is done, it's night-time, we bunker down, etc... Excellent place to start a day-2 thread, wouldn't you say?

These have been random nerve firings brought to you by your unfriendly neighbourhood vampire.

KitanaVorr

First Post
ok I stuck it up there and I'll add a link to this thread in case anybody wants more people to

1. blame
2. credit
3. annoy
4. just HAVE to put in their 35 cents (tis get expensive these days, isn't it?)

tee hee

:p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads