• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which race do you HATE to play?

The most annoying race?

• Dwarves -- haven't we had enough of bad Scottish accents?

Votes: 31 9.9%
  • Elves -- these supercilious tree-huggers need to have their long lifespans shortened.

Votes: 59 18.9%
  • Gnomes -- they belong in my garden, not in my game.

Votes: 104 33.3%
  • Half-elves -- the worst of both worlds. And boring to boot.

Votes: 37 11.9%
  • Half-orcs -- their grunting grates. And the breath!

Votes: 40 12.8%
  • Halflings -- if we could just call them "Hobbits" they would be okay.

Votes: 33 10.6%
  • Humans -- I play one in real life, why play one in a game?

Votes: 8 2.6%

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
not to mention that the obnoxiousness of a high number of elf fans makes it so that I wouldn't want to be mistakenly associated with them.

Computer users often have the reputation of being socially crippled, ugly guys who live in their parents' basent, can't get a g/f, speak in weird languages (tee hee hee. I am teh haXor.!!!!!1111oneone). Yet you use a computer. Don't you fear someone will label you nerd for that? :p

MDSnowman

First Post
Oh if only I could have voted for two races...

Really it's hard to decide which race I hate more... Gnomes or Halflings. I despise the small races with an seething anger normally reserved for players who create Drow Rangers who like wielding dual scimitars.

After a lot of soul searching I casted my vote for the Gnome. At least other settings (Dark Sun, Eberron) have done something to try to NOT make them goofy. No one has ever been able to make a Gnome anything more than a joke to me.

Ferret

Explorer
I like gnomes....

Uhhh... Back to the topic, I dislike the elves the most, as thwy seem to be the most highly 'respected' or stereotyped race. You just can't skrew with elves without, someone complaining!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'm only interested in playing humans. But as long as I never have to play an elf, a gnome or a furry, I'll be ok.:D

Akrasia

Procrastinator
I cannot believe how little dislike there is for humans.

C'mon -- look at us! We blow chunks! :D

And what is the point of playing DnD if you don't get to live to be at least over 150 years old?

Afrodyte

Explorer
Wombat said:
Half-orc.

Okay, they are strong, but anything else? I find these guys very limiting in play.

Not to counter your point, but the next time I run D&D, I'm going to Disney-fy half-orcs, and I mean it in a good way. I'm going to make orcs more like Disney's gargoyles: powerful, cunning, and fiercely protective of what they care about. Regardless of what one may think of Disney, "Gargoyles" (at least, prior to the episodes featuring the Quarrymen) was quite decent and IMO managed to bring out what was inhuman about gargoyles (their more instinctive nature) while still making them human enough to relate to.

Xath

Moder-gator
KaeYoss said:
Computer users often have the reputation of being socially crippled, ugly guys who live in their parents' basent, can't get a g/f, speak in weird languages (tee hee hee. I am teh haXor.!!!!!1111oneone). Yet you use a computer. Don't you fear someone will label you nerd for that? :p

I fear this all the time. I'm glad someone else is out there with me. I don't know what I'd do if people found out that I use computers....oh man...oh man....

On topic, I choose gnomes. Why? I just can't visualize myself playing one, ever. Despite the fact that the Bard is one of my favorite classes. I just...can't do the gnome thing.

Ashanderai

Explorer
I despise halflings so much that I need a bib for all the venom dribbling from my chin when I say *halfling*. :]

I would rather play a gnome, but now that AU is here if I want to play a small or smaller character I can play a faen (the cool race for players of small characters). :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads