D&D 5E Which three classic settings do you think WotC will publish in 2022-23? (Fixed)

Pick three and only three

• Planescape

Votes: 108 71.5%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 54 35.8%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 90 59.6%
  • Forgotten Realms (Faerun)

Votes: 33 21.9%
  • Beyond Faerun (Al-Qadim, Kara-Tur, Maztica, etc)

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 78 51.7%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Mystara

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Birthright

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Ghostlight

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Pelinore

• Jakandor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Fist

• Rokugan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other non-D&D setting (e.g. Gamma World, etc)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Don't Care/Whatever

Votes: 3 2.0%

Some day Dark Sun, but I am afraid the psionic powers are giving a lot of troubles for the game designers. And it needs a great work for the (tribal-punk) art design.

My theory is Dragonlance will come back because Hasbro notices it is a potential cash-cow as multimedia franchise.

Planescape could return as a planar handbook and reedition of modules about the planes.

Spelljammer is bizarre, freak, crazy... perfect to can add elements from out D&D multiverse, for example cybertronians (transformers: autotobots + decepticons) or the cobra-la empire (the alien antagonists of G.I.Joe). But my doubts are about if the cosmology of the crystal spheres will be the same or also rebooted. (A wizard did it! his name is Vecna, and it is not the first time!)

There is still a open door for Birthright, because this setting is perfect for a strategy videogame.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Spelljammer already had a cameo, actually, albeit very small.
Are you referring to the Neogi and Giff from Volo's and Mordenkainen's respectively, or the cameo from Dungeon of the Mad Mage? Because if you mean the monsters, those are definitely minor, while the cameo in Dungeon of the Mad Mage is pretty major (it includes stats for a spelljamming helm, has a squidship, a miniature giant space hamster, the names of every planet in Realmspace, a dungeon on an asteroid, and so on).

Lyxen

Great Old One
Are you referring to the Neogi and Giff from Volo's and Mordenkainen's respectively, or the cameo from Dungeon of the Mad Mage? Because if you mean the monsters, those are definitely minor, while the cameo in Dungeon of the Mad Mage is pretty major (it includes stats for a spelljamming helm, has a squidship, a miniature giant space hamster, the names of every planet in Realmspace, a dungeon on an asteroid, and so on).

The latter, for me simple races don't really count, especially since they don't mention anything specifically Spelljammery in their description, in particular the Giff.

But you are right, it might actually count as 3 cameos already. :)

The latter, for me simple races don't really count, especially since they don't mention anything specifically Spelljammery in their description, in particular the Giff.

But you are right, it might actually count as 3 cameos already. :)

I think Spelljammer keeps getting so many Camoes because it's only Tier 2 setting, but VERY popular with the designers, so they dabble in it because it's not popular enough yet to get a campaign guide before they are done with the Tier 1 settings.

Lyxen

Great Old One
I think Spelljammer keeps getting so many Camoes because it's only Tier 2 setting, but VERY popular with the designers, so they dabble in it because it's not popular enough yet to get a campaign guide before they are done with the Tier 1 settings.
Just out of curiosity, how do you allocate a setting to a tier ?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads