White Mountain OOC Thread

Gray Shade

First Post
This is the OOC Thread for "Dark Deeds On White Mountain". See the adventure here and for reference, the recruitment thread is here.

Anyone is free to join in the discussion, but I set this up for the players and myself so that we would have a place for any "metagaming" discussion that needs to take place.

Gray Shade

First Post
This is the first time I've tried running a PBP so forgive me if I say too much about how I'm trying to do it. Also, please forgive me if I change any of my patterns later. :heh:

In order to try to simulate "rounds" I'm often going to wait before replying until 1. I hear from each player, or 2. A day passes.

Like right now, something is, as Kah and Dentmus have pointed out, amiss with the mine. I will wait until I get (at least one) response from everyone or until the end of the day to respond (to start the "new round").

I guess that's all I've got for now.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sweet... and I think it's going good so far. I'm currently playing in 2 campaigns, both started simultaneously. These 2 are my first and so far yours is going a lot smoother than the other.

Fenris

Adventurer
Gray Shade, Don't worry about it. I am new to the PBP formay as well. One suggestion, you may want to start a Rogue's Gallery thread for us. That would make the characters easier to find and update later than in the recruiting thread.

Fenris

Gray Shade

First Post
Good suggestion, Fenris. I probably will, but not quite yet. When I'm gaming, I know that part of the fun is not knowing what the other characters in your party can (and will) do. I'll probably start a rogue's gallery after everyone's gotten to know everyone a bit and I'm not giving away too many surprises. :cool:

(er, see update to this decision below! :eek: )

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Well, we can still sblock them there, but I had to go chasing the original thread myself to find my character today :eek:

Gray Shade

First Post
Er, sorry guys. :heh: I don't mean to cause trouble or extra work.

Okay, I think you're on to something with the post here. Everyone feel free to post your character here. Please sblock. I think it makes some players nervous, but I give my justification for it above. If you just can't take it, then I guess you can go poking around each other's characters, but remember that just because you read it on their character sheet doesn't mean your character knows it.

If you have your character handy elsewhere don't feel like you HAVE to post your guy here, but if this IS your easy reference then it's definitely cool to post your guy here.

G

Guest 11456

Ka’ashawndrah

[sblock]Ka’ashawndrah
Female Elf Rogue 3
Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: 4'-7"
Weight: 85#
Skin: Fair
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Silver

Str: 12 (+1) [11 (+0)]
Dex: 18 (+4) [17 (+3)]
Con: 10 (+0) [8 (-1)]
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 10 (+0)

Racial Abilities: +2 DEX, –2 CON; Medium; Speed 30 feet; Immunity to magic sleep effects; +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects; Low-Light Vision; Weapon Proficiency: Longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow); +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks; Languages: Common and Elven / Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan; Favored Class: Wizard.

Class Abilities: Sneak Attack +2d6, Trapfinding, Evasion, Trap Sense +1.

Hit Dice: 3d6
HP: 15 [3]
AC: 18 (+4 Dex, +4 Armor) [17]
Armor Check Penalty: +0
Init: +4 (+4 Dex) [+3]
Speed: 30ft [20ft]

Saves
Fortitude: +1 [+1 base, +0 Con] [+0]
Reflex: +7 [+3 base, +4 Dex] [+6]
Will: +1 [+1 base, +0 Wis]

BAB: +2

Melee: +4 (1d8+1/19-20/S, Longsword) [+3]
Melee: +4 (1d4+1/19-20/PS, Dagger) [+3]
Ranged: +7 (1d8+1/x3/110'/P, Longbow) [+6]
Ranged: +7 (1d4+1/19-20/10'/P, Dagger) [+6]

Skills
Balance: +12 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Synergy] [+11]
Climb: +7 [6 ranks, +1 Str] [+6]
Disable Device: +13 [6 ranks, +3 Int, +2 Feat, +2 Item] [+12]
Escape Artist: +10 [6 ranks, +4 Dex] [+9]
Hide: +12 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Feat] [+9]
Jump: +3 [0 ranks, +1 Str, +2 Synergy] [+2]
Listen: +8 [6 ranks, +0 Wis, +2 Race]
Move Silently: +12 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Feat] [+11]
Open Lock: +14 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Feat, +2 Item] [+13]
Search: +10 [6 ranks, +2 Int, +2 Race]
Spot: +8 [6 ranks, +0 Wis, +2 Race]
Tumble: +10 [6 ranks, +4 Dex] [+9]

Feats:
Nimble Fingers
Stealthy

Languages: Common, Elf, Draconic, Sylvan, Gnoll.

Encumbrance: Light: 0 – 43; Med.: 44 – 86; Heavy: 87 – 130; Lift: to 260; Drag: to 650
Temp Encumbrance: Light: 0 – 38; Med.: 39 – 76; Heavy: 77 – 115; Lift: to 230; Drag: to 575

Equipment:
Traveler’s Outfit (-, Worn)
Studded Leather +1 (20#, Worn)
MW Longsword (4#, Belt)
MW Longbow +1 STR (3#, Shoulder)
20 Arrows (3#, Back)
Backpack (2#, Back)
MW Thieves’ Tools (2#, Backpack)
Everburning Torch (1#, Backpack)
MW Dagger (1#, Backpack)
2 CLW Potions (-, Saddlebags)
4 Vial of Antitoxin (-, Saddlebags)
4 Flask of Alchemist's Fire (4#, Saddlebags)
5 Flasks of Acid (5#, Saddlebags)
3 Flask of Oil (3#, Saddlebags)
3 Holy Water Flasks (3#, Saddlebags)
3 Sunrods (3#, Saddlebags)
Flint & Steel (-, Saddlebags)
Bell (-, Saddlebags)
Signal Whistle (-, Saddlebags)
Sack (0.5#, Saddlebags)
10 Days of Trail Rations (10#, Saddlebags)
50' of Silk Rope (5#, Saddlebags)
Treasure: 36gp, 6sp, 4cp (1#, Backpack)
------------------------------
Total (70.5#/36# carried, 34.5 saddlebags)

Appearance: Ka’ashawndrah is very short for an elf. She wears her mid-back length silver hair in a ponytail most of the time. She can most often be found wearing a shirt and vest, wool breeches, sturdy boots, a belt, and a cloak with a hood. She wears studded leather armor over her clothes and carries most of her equipment in her backpack. She has a longsword at her belt, and a longbow and a quiver of arrows on her shoulder.

Background: Two months ago Ka’ashawndrah was mortally wounded and her campanions left her in Rumbol to recuperate. She has now recovered and is ready to go. Unfortunately her campanions left 6 weeks ago. She is wondering what she can do when the message from Hazel arrives. She is sure she can help the people of Hazel.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads