Who's going to run 'Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn'?

Bobitron

Explorer
Just curious if anyone is planning on running the new adventure for Thieves' World, 'Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn' when it hits the market. While I haven't read any of the novels, I have the Player's Manual and it seems like a great place to adventure. I'm not up for running another game, but I'd love to play in one run by a person who knows the setting.

I loved the books waaaay back when so I hope they did a good job with the d20 adaptation. Have you had a chance to take a good look at it, Bobitron? What's it like?

Bobitron

Explorer
It looks very good. They did a great job making new classes that fit the feel of the setting, as far as I can tell without having any knowledge of the canon. I like the way they expanded the NPC classes into full-fledged PC classes. At first glance, they look reasonably balanced and will let one play a merchant/noble/craftsman/whatever and actually have fitting class abilities.

It's a pretty deadly city, from the looks of it. I enjoy the way they made Sanctuary, the city, almost a character in itself. The city colors the entire setting, and other lands get barely a mention. I love urban games, so it looks right up my dark and dangerous alley.

Bobitron

Explorer
BUMP.gif

No interest?

Interest in playing in a Thieves' World game? Sure. Interest in running one? Not so much. Sorry, Bobitron. :(

Oh, plus I don't own the books, so that's a slight hinderance as well.

Bobitron

Explorer
I forgive you. :)

It seemed there was a good-sized buzz around the book after GenCon, so I'm suprised more people aren't interested.

D20Dazza

Explorer
I'm like BO Bobitron, keen to play but don't have the books. I'll look at getting the books though, but am not hugely familiar with the setting so couldn't do the DM job justice.

Cheers

Daz

Karl Green

First Post
I have the TW player's book and would love to play... hoping to have all computer problems fixed tomorrow so I should be back full-time to the boards then... I have to many games that I am trying to run right now BUT I would LOVE, LOVE to play :D

Remove ads