D&D General Why are so many D&D articles *garbage*?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I think I've given the wrong impression. I am saying that the "make a quick dnd article that will appeal to a lot of people" just isn't going to care about optimization, but may well be both genuine and be written by someone who understands the game.

The examples given in the OP aren't even bad, outside of the same poor writing we see damn near everywhere these days.
Yeah, I guess not caring about optimization is just not what I see wrong with these articles. The poor writing, as well as the general inanity, are what make them bad in my book,

I think I've given the wrong impression. I am saying that the "make a quick dnd article that will appeal to a lot of people" just isn't going to care about optimization, but may well be both genuine and be written by someone who understands the game.

The examples given in the OP aren't even bad, outside of the same poor writing we see damn near everywhere these days.
True. But I've seen a few optimisation articles in places like Polygon, and while they are not as bad as the examples in the OP and may even have some good advice, they're still not of the same standard in terms of knowledge as you would find in say, an optimisation class guide you can easily find for free on the net.

Zardnaar

Legend
True. But I've seen a few optimisation articles in places like Polygon, and while they are not as bad as the examples in the OP and may even have some good advice, they're still not of the same standard in terms of knowledge as you would find in say, an optimisation class guide you can easily find for free on the net.

YouTube these days for stuff like that.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
The 'articles' are to get eyeballs on ads. If you click, they get paid. Having an actual substantive article is unnecessary in this exchange. It is more a formality.
Yep. Plus, the algorithm is looking for activity and evidence of viewer attention...and any click at all (even a downclick) or any comment of any kind (even angry cries of outrage) are proof of both. Like one of those "I am not a robot" captchas, only better.

It's all about (1) getting eyeballs on your ads, and (2) proving that there were eyeballs on the ads. The best thing you can do on those sites, and YouTube etc., is to just close the browser/block the channel, and never return.

cowpie

Adventurer
What these writers need is to get a hold of the best D&D magic item: a "Libram of Quality Content Creation", along with a set of "Lenses of Maximum Viewing".

Remove ads