• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 3

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

"Just some additional advice about working the sword. Some of the Gaidin would only give advice to certain pupils, I guess I just picked up that habit from them."

Yuri gives a start, as this is the first time he's mentioned being Warder-trained. [ooc: I'm pretty sure that's right, anyways.]

"Excuse me Lady Shalimar. Ashrem," Yuri says, giving a nod to each of them, "I should practice on my own."

Jain Hadlin, also a tough guy

"Hey there guys! I am kinda tired of going through sword forms on my own. Either of yopu interested in a spare?"

Jain's mood has obviuosly improved from earlier, He is grinning and his tone of voice is cheerful.

"I think I know the basics Jain, would you care to try with me?" She teases picking up a small stick the size of her dagger. She winks at Yuri and Ashrem to show she is joking.

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

"I'm afraid I must have some practice time to myself if I'm ever to improve. Perhaps tommorrow morning we can spar."

Yuri moves to a distant part of the yard, and continues practicing on his own.

Tay-Dor

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
[OOC: Initiative Dave?

FYI - Ashrem's "rapier" actually looks a lot like the sword Snipes had in Blade.]

[OOC: Your rapier looks like Blade's sword? Then you aren't wielding a rapier...you're wielding a Warder's Sword. Blade's sword looked more like a Katana to me.]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
OOC: Katana's have curved blades and are only sharp on one side. Though he does use kendo techniques with it. Mostly. That's kinda how I see Ash's fighting style. Not as good of coarse, but a bit more graceful.

Check this link for a good pic of the Blade sword: http://www.kultofathena.com/images/daywalkerswordl.jpg

Ashrem gives a slight bow to Yuri. "Thank you. I needed that." He wipes the sweat from his forehead and turns to Jain. He flashes a grin at Shalimar. "You want to dance? I may take you up on that later." Blood and ashes! Why am I flirting with this woman? I think Yuri hit me a bit too hard.

Clearing his mind he levels his "sword" at Jain. "Next? I've got a little more left in me."

OOC: Dave, can you post the specifics of my sparring with Yuri? With Jain as well?

Last edited:

still sitting Shalimar wrinkles her nose at Ashrem, "I would love to dance with you, but there is no music out here perhaps we could go to the common room, and see if there is any one to make music. You might want to wash up though. As much fun as dancing is when you smell worse then a horse, well... you undestand."

She takes out her daggers and tests them for sharpness. "Ashrem can you help me sharpen this no one ever showed me how, and this is my first knife. What do I need to sharpen in, and how do I do it?"

drothgery

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
OOC: Dave, can you post the specifics of my sparring with Yuri? With Jain as well?

OOC: Yuri follows. I expect Jain will be interrupted before you really get started; see turn 4.

Yuri made the first attack, but Ashrem dodged out of the way. About all he had in this fight was quickness; Yuri was bigger and stronger than he was, and judging by the encounter with the trollocs last night, knew a sword far better. But Ash was lucky sometimes. Sometimes more than lucky. But the bordlerlander still easily parried his attack, and riposted into an attack of his own.

And as quickly as that, the Ebou Dari was down. Even with practice swords, that man was strong.

Remove ads