• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 3

Shalimar sighs "I thought you wanted to come with me when we left. Don't you want to come to the tower and learn to fight with the warders? Besides what happens if the trollocs did come through their? I do not mean to belittle your combat prowess but If you were alone how would you do against a myddraal alone? No as much as I would like you to do that, I cannot let you. Don't worry, I will find something for you to do." She says with a mischevious gleam in her eyes.

I could always use a stablehand if nothing else. Hopefully Lila Sedai will let him come with us when we leave, otherwise he might get himself into trouble without someone to hold his hand.

Jain Hadlin

Find something for me to do, huh? From anyone else i might take that as an invitation, but from her, it seems to be something i might want to avoid.

"Well, we'll leave the future, in the future, for now anyways."

Jain gets up and steps into the center of the room.

"As to combat, a keen mind is far deadlier than a strong arm!"

Jain grins, and does a tight flip, landing in a crouch.

"And a little speed and agility, certainly don't hurt either!"

"You shouldn't worry about me, I'm a surviver, but if you don't want me to go to Shienar, I'll stick around a while. Maybe we can send a messager or a pigeon, to get word of your family."

drothgery

First Post
Valkys said:
She trails off, realizing she has gone from trying to explain herself to giving a tirade. She closes her eyes, and has the good sense to blush, "I'm sorry Lila Sedai. I only meant to say that I didn't break any of the Oaths." Yet, she adds silently.

"You and Shalimar -- and I -- have more potential than anyone who came to the Tower since the Amyrlin. More than anyone I had ever seen until I saw the Daughter-Heir this morning. And you are walking very close to throwing that all away.

"You realize that carrying out such a threat would lead you being put out of the Tower at best, and quite possibly to you being stilled? And that your actions reflect on every Aes Sedai? We are bound by those Oaths, and known to be bound, so that others know we will not call down our Power, the One Power, against them. And because of that the Tower is still free to act against the Shadow.

"I'm not entirely sure what to do with you. I cannot set you off to do chores here; this is not the White Tower. I have things I need to do here -- that I hoped you two could help with, but I do not have a month to go back to Tar Valon and return. And I clearly cannot send you back to Tar Valon without someone to watch you; I ought to send you with Elaida Sedai and the Daughter-Heir."

Shalimar laughs when Jain does the flip. "Thanks for that, but you have to promise that you wont go to Sheiner untill I say you can. I will need someone here to keep me out of trouble like last night won't I? I know you were thinking that so you may as well admit it."

Putting up with him if he thinks he has to protect me will be easier for me and better for him then his going alone. I could not bear it if he died going there for me because I was worried.

Her smile fades, "Jain, promise me that you will tell me before you go to do anything, I really don't want you to get hurt. Promise me." she says expectantly looking him in the eye.

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei closes her eyes. "If you truly feel that i would have carried out such a threat... then you are better off sending me back to the Tower. I respect you, and I wouldn't want to interrupt your work. Only, please tell me first. I'd like... time to say goodbye to Shalimar."

She opens her eyes, "But I feel I have to share something, honestly, between women. I sometimes feel that the Oaths are a hindrance to what we should be doing. If we protect the world from the Shadow only to let it be taken by those who only claim the Light, but allow injustice, what was the point?"

"It makes very little sense to me. I know that once there were no Oaths. I wish I could somehow know why they were instituted. They're shackles that keep us from performing the full extent of our duties. Servants of All?"

She sighs heavily, "My threat was a calculated risk. The man is a Tairen. Any claims he makes are likely to be discounted by people around here, who know how Tairens feel about Aes Sedai and the One Power. And if they aren't, those people want to believe the worst anyway."

She motions to her bag, "Shall I pack my things and be on my way to the Palace?"

Jain Hadlin

Jain bursts out laughing after Shalimars statement about, him protecting her.

"I guess I was wrong, you haven't lost your sense of humor."

Jain smilies and paces for a second, then turns back to Shalimar.

"I'm no fool, regardless of what some may think. The one power is formidable, you and Sersei are quite capable of protecting yourselves. That doesn't mean I don't get to worry though! One never knows what might happen, being cautious leads to being prepared, and being prepared helps keep one safe."

Jain takes a minute and in a serious tone says, "I promise, that I won't run off anywhere with out at least telling you first. will that suffice?"

"You know, it's good to hear you laugh again."

Shalimar raises an eyebrow at him when he starts laughing at her. "I wasn't aware that I was something to laugh at." She says primly.

"You wont leave this room without giving me that promise that you will listen to me and not do anything without me giving the ok, you are too important to me to allow you to hurt yourself." she says sternly.

I hope he doesn't realize that I changed the wording of that. It is for his own good after all, there is no telling what he might do if he thinks it would make me happy or anyone for that matter. He is just too good, for his own good. He needs me.

She reaches up with both arms and pulls his face down to hers, her hands on either side of his face, "Please Jain, promise me, please, I don't want you to get hurt doing something foolish."

I must actually mean that, I think thats the first time I said please to him. I know it is the first time. I really wont let him hurt himsef een if he does swear, I will just have to get Lila Sedai to help.

Jain Hadlin

Well this is certainly differnt, she's actually concerned, does my heart good to know i haven't been wasting my time with this friendship.

Jain seems to have picked up a smile that just won't go away.

"I'm glad you are concerened for my well being, i really truely am.
I do promise to listen to you, I value your advice. I also promise not to do anything foolish to get my self hurt. I've had quite enough pain for one life time, i'd like to aviod anymore."

Jain stops for a second, thinking, and his expression becomes grim.

"There is one thing you need to understand,here and now. Since my family died I have devoted my life to helping and protecting others. Whether as a healer, a soldier, or an advisor. It's what i live for, and nothing, not you, not me.
Nothing, will ever get in the way of that. I've made it my duty, and if I fail in all other things, i will not fail in this. I won't allow it! "

Jain sighs, "Thats why i can't promise to just obay you, I'm sorry. I hope the things i have promised will suffice."

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

Yuri finds a long, thin switch that will emulate Ashrem's rapier and tosses it to him. In response to his question, he sighs and then lifts up his undershirt. Beneath it is a horrible scar that runs diagonally from his left armpit to the middle of his amdomen.

"Yes, you can say I've fought Trollocs before. I was 15 at the time, and barely knew how to use my sword. My bannerman hacked through the one that gave me this and two more to bring me to a Green Sister. I'd have died if it weren't for him."

Yuri pulls his shirt back down.

"A year later I heard that same bannerman was cut down by a Myrddraal. The Fade took 10 other good men with him. My father wrote that the creature took no less than 20 crossbow bolts before falling. And it didn't admit it was dead until the sun went down. Fades are real, Ashrem, and one could easily kill you and I together. If we ever see one, I'll use my crossbow, and then we'll run."

He atually agreed to listen to me and do what I say...hmmm he didn't agree to do what I say, but it was more then I expected. Maybe Sirsei is not the only one good at this, though I doubt it would have worked with Yuri. I do think I could get him to truly obey me though, but I need help because I am not sure exactly how.

She drops her hands from his face and kisses him on the forehead. "Thank you, you don't know how much of a relief not needing to worry about you will be, not that its bad to think about you, mind, but a worry is a worry." she says smiling her most charming smile with a trace of laughter in it.

"My first advice to you is, stop looking for trollocs when your alone, you have an uncanny knack for getting into trouble without searching for it, and unfortunately I am sure you will get in too much no matter what. Honestly you would think you were Tav'erenwith the scrapes you get into." She gives him an obvious mock glare, and it crumples into a smile.

She gives him a quick hug before darting out of the room, a touch confused giddy about her success. She glances at her room to see if Lila and Sirsei are finished talking, and hurries down to the kitchen to see if she can get a carrot to feed her horse dapple as a treat.

Remove ads