CB's Shackled City: Zenith Trajectory

3rd Steckday, month of Illot. Winter. Current time 3pm.

Gryffon Malek safely re-united with his family at the family's Mal de Eel Bookbindery on Magma Avenue, Nyla, Aaron, and Bollaron return to Keygan Ghelve's Lock Shop on Ash Avenue down by the putrescent inner lake crowing the city's volcanic rim. While the Malek family had at first regarded the companions with no small degree of doubt that their child was still alive, once Gryffon stepped forward from behind Michael's legs, the father swooped down and grabbed young Gryffon close in a bear hug. Tears in his eyes, the bookbinder thanked Gryffon's rescuers profoundly and promised to send along a reward on the morrow, once the family had settled in again to having Gryffon at home. On the way back to the Lock Shop, Michael fell uncharacteristically silent. Just as the group rounded the corner on Ash Avenue and Keygan's door fell into view, Michael stopped short in the street with a grunt. "I been thinkin'. I got enough on order at the taxidermist now that in two or three weeks I can open that Gruesome Carnivale I been collecting for. With the gold I've got saved up, I have enough to open my own show. There's that abandoned warehouse down by the Lakeside Pavillion, might be just the ticket. I think in the morning I might call upon the city offices to see 'bout a lease. You all want to invest in my show?"

Mellubb

First Post
"Well Michael, if feel you must start your business I suppose I should not intervene. I myself however have a bit more adventure in me. I can't speak for the others but, I don't feel a need to stop just yet. We have to find that dwarf and there no tellin' what else. I wish you luck on your business maybe I’ll stop by and check it out sometime.” If he has any keys or what not that go to the shop or the doors below I will kindly collect them and say good bye.

" Do as you will Michael. I cannot invest in the show though for your show will only exist because of the slaughter of creatures. Although I at times was repulsed by your bloodlust and unwillingness to show mercy and the proper respect for life, I must admit that it was imnteresting having you around."

To Aaron,
"So we are decided on going to find the Dwarf? I am not really certain of the welcome I would get if we went North, but I must admit there is a bit of a pull to see the coldlands again.....But you are right, Down we should delve, if not for the Dwarf, then for the others who may still be alive. I am relatively certain we did not get all of the people home."
Pats Edgar and looks North a bit..is quiet the rest of the way home.

Eydis

First Post
"Well Micheal if you feel that it's something you want to do, I will not stand in your way. If you need more funds I can assist you, after all you did help me on my quest."

"Ballaron, if you're sure that you do not wish to go to your uncle's funeral, then I agree that we should look into the matter of the missing town folk and the dwarf, I guess. I am not sure that I trust Davked though, especially since Eggar says that Davked died over 15 yrs. ago. It is quite a troubling matter to me. I think that it might be best that someone check out the grave that Eggar was talking about."

Michael looks a bit crestfallen that two of the others show no interest in shelling out funds for his Gruesome Carnivale, but when Eydis offers to help, the swarthy human perks up. "Right-o, milady! Well, I'm off to the Tipped Tankard to have a word with Jax about that stuffed howler of mine that he's been housing. If I don't see you lot around by the morning, don't worry about me. Might just have a drink with Jax to celebrate finding that kid, then take a room at the Tankard if I don't think I can make it back to the Lock Shop without getting robbed by small boys." Michael winks at Aaron then saunters off down the street, a spring in his step as he whistles a ditty.

As I do the crisp Mountain air at times, but It has been nearly 7 years since I was taken from that land and honestly I have moved on.....I am not yet where I need to be I think, but I do not believe the proper path for me is backward. If there were no other issues I would go up there to see who remained alive after the attack and how some are fairing, but it would be a visit and then back to my life and right now there are slavers probably still operating under the city and they need to be stopped and those they ave imprisoned freed. Hve you ever had your freedom taken from you? Have you ever been shackeld or whipped for not moving fast enough or for coughing when you were supposed to be working? Or evn just sitting somewhere seemingly at ease, but knowing that if you walked out the door you would be hunted down? It is not something anyone should be subjected to and if I can put a stop to it in some small area then that is where I will be. I am less worried about the Dwarves relations than with what is behind the missing townsfolks..........I would like to continue tunneling if we can....

Eydis

First Post
"Well I can say that I haven't. It seems as though you harbor a lot of pain and perhaps resentment. I am here for your counseling needs if you would ever like to talk about it, that is after all part of my job. Now as far as the missing go I would love to find them all and destroy the entrance to the Underdark. I am not so sure, however, about the Davked issue, but we can cross that path when it comes. So first thing tomorrow we can figure a way back down and get to work."

"By the way, thank you both for your help in my quest. Is there anything that you need or want to get? I will be glad to help you."

Mellubb

First Post
Whichever path we choose I feel we may need to find someone to fill our vacant spot. I think we have built a bit of a fan club in town, maybe we can find a strong sword or watchful eye to assist us. Any ideas where to look??

Last edited:

Yeah we could definitely use a bit of muscle, but that type too often thinks the only way is tokill everything in sight and then say "we won". We'll need to be careful and if noone shows, I think we are plenty capable of getting things done ourselves.

Aaron recalls that the Coy Nixie Inn, near Cauldron's Aest Bar, hosts a corkboard where job billets are displayed by those seeking both employ and employees. All one needs is a quill, some ink, a bit of parchment, and the permission of the Inn's proprietor, Kelgrave Durnst.

Remove ads