• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Shackled City: Zenith Trajectory

Eydis

First Post
"All right, that should be fine then. However, Micheal is not completely under their radar either, and he does have unfinished business that he might attempt to finish if they dangle it infront of his face. Point in case would be Patches, the one-eyed half orc gardener of the orphanage. We both believe that he had something to do with the disappearance of the kids, and his unwarranted attack on Micheal and his disappearance only confirms it. If we found him, we would probably get some information about the kidnappings. Anyway, whatever you two decide I will be fine with. I am going to go get the things we need before it gets too late. Bollaron, do you need any money for the procuring of horses and a wagon?"

Last edited:

Bolarron nods his head yes. "I'd have had enough, but for commissioning this new weapon."

Funds and supplies are procured while Aaron seeks out Michael, who agrees to watch the shop. "I could use a place to stay, thanks. I got a lot going on with my menagerie what with trying to get things started up, so I'll be in and out a goodly bit. No, now, hold yer tongue, Aaron. I don't wanna know what yer up to. Just gimme the key so I can crash there and we'll call it square. If I don't know what yer doin' my tongue can't be made to wag. Bring me a beastie for my carnival and we'll call it square."

The details settled that very night, the moon swings up in the sky, full enough to light the streets of Cauldron as if by lantern light.

Current time 11 pm. Wagon is loaded, Michael is in the shop with a spare copy of Aaron's key to Ghelve's Locks. Do you want to head out now or leave first thing in the morning?

Eydis

First Post
As long as Nyla only used the one spell this day, then she is up for leaving now. However, if Bollaron wants a show of us leaving then it's best to wait till the morning.

Well, As usual, Aaron has done exactly the wrong thing and endangered us all. Whoever was keeping an eye on the shop has no need to know we are not gone and definitely SHOULD NOT be bringing us supplies. In fact they shouldn't be in the shop at all, and neither should we. He only needs to be checking the outside doors etc to make certain no one has broken in and maybe clean out that note box from time to time. Giving keys to anyone else was another stupid mistake. We have enough supplies for a couple of months and with the blessing of the gods we can create almost everythng we will need. Talking to Michael at all was stupid Aaron, but I should have expected nothing less. I really am not even sure that I want to be doing this now that Aaron has pretty much rendered the whole plan moot and possibly signed all of our death warrants, as well as Michael's, by being too ignorant and bull-headed to listen to anything but his own voice. I am seriously considering heading North to find my old tribe then striking out somewhere else.

Last edited:

Mellubb

First Post
"Bolloran you are free to do as you choose, but if I am to leave MY SHOP for possibly months I would like some there. Michael does not know anything of our plans and has no reason to expect other wise. You are the only one who spoke against Michael. Thus, it is you who are being bull-headed and ignorant. You are not the all mighty dictator here. I felt Michael was a wise choice. If you disagree there is nothing I can do about that. I would like you to accompany us. However, I will go look for the missing people below this city without you if necassary. So, you are still welcome to come, but if you continue with this 2 year old let's do everything my way attitude you are free to leave. Michael poses zero threat to us. He has shown many times his ability to handle himself (except with patches) but still he will make a fine gaurd to the shop. That being said we need to get supplies. Are you still going to provide horses and a wagon?"

Eydis

First Post
"What is going on with you two?!" Nyla shakes her head, as trying to understand men and their egotistical ways. "We have all that we need to go. Micheal's life may be somewhat in danger if he stays here, but I rather think that he would be pretty much anywhere. He can handle himself to an extent though. If that is his fate though, then so be it. Who are we to question the gods reasonings. I will serve Errol by attempting to save these people and bring greater recognition to him. If that means that I am to die in the process, then Errol has seen fit to bring me to his realm and I would be honored. I would like however, to do many great things here for him before it is my time though. I really think that we need your help to do so Bollaron. You have been of great importance. You have many skills and abilities - all equally useful, and are very much appreciated for it. Please reconsider coming along. We have not left yet and can easily sort this out by morning."

Remove ads