• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Shackled City: Zenith Trajectory

Eydis

First Post
"Okay I can get that stuff. I think that I also need to get atleast 60 more bolts. I will have to stop by the temple of Welefleur to get money and then by my temple and let Sebastian know that I will be away for some time as well. Meenah, would you like to join me? We can get whatever supplies that you may need as well. I suppose that you will be procuring the horses and wagon, Bollaron?"

Mellubb

First Post
"We could buy the stuff we need, bring it to the shop, tell every one we plan to leave the next morning. Then, the next morning I can use a illusion spell to make it look like we loaded up and left town, I think I would have to go, but after a while I can drop the illusion polymorph into a bird and fly back to the shop through a window. However first I would need a Major image scroll. I can do that while you take Meenah shopping. I still think she is a demon though. It makes sense being that Davked's family thinks he is dead and he is rotting away. Anyway I agree we should free his son but not return him to his father."

"Can you make the image talk to poeple on the way out? What if people stop us or ask us questions? What if there is another scene in the streets and we have to take an alternate route? How big of an image can you make? It has to be 100% realistic or there is no need to do it. If we can do it that way it is fine, but then what do we do with the wagons and horses that we actually have...We have to have those to pick up supplies etc and people have to see us in them. I am not against the idea as it makes logstics of getting back down stairs a little easier, but We need to really think it through before we take that shortcut." With a wink at Aaron, "and if you are just wanting a major image scroll to put in your book, you can just get it without justifying the purchase. The more versatile you are the better for us anyway."

Eydis

First Post
" I have to agree with Bollaron on this one. I think that it would be best if everyone thinks that we left town. If there is a scroll that you wish to purchase to help us while down below, then by all means let's get it. We will need all the help that we can get for down there. The more spells we have available, the better. I have money to help in purchasing what we need."

Mellubb

First Post
" The problem with the spell would be distance. It can only go so far. So it may be better not to go that route. I think we need Mcheal's help on this one. He has proven he can be trusted and I think he will do it for cheap if not free. I think we should ask him to watch over the place for us. So we can still have eyes and ears in town. This way too, he can get us any odds and ends we may need later. So instead of buyng the scroll I will go ask Micheal to watch over the place for us. Also we may want to look into a second dog. Edgar is great but we may want another, just a thought.”

Last edited:

Eydis

First Post
"Are you sure that you want Micheal to watch over your place? I mean sometimes he has a very one tracked mind. I could ask Sebastian to check up on the place for you instead if you want. I'm not so sure about the second dog. I think that it's hard enough taking one along at times. He's quite big, and if I'm not mistaken, Bollaron had to put time into training that dog to listen to him. Time that we just don't have."

I do not thnk we should let ANYONE know that we are not really gone. If worst comes to worst and we need more supplies, then Aaron can magic himself into something else and get them. As far as havng someone watch the shop, Michael would be fine but he does not need to know we are not gone. As the crates won't have anything of importance in them, they can be scuttled over a cliff along with the wagon. I will get the most non-descript horses possible so that when they are found running around loose, no one will be able to pin them back to us. It is not a matter of trusting Michael, Although I do not because he is too simple, but a matter of protecting him. If someone does get wind of this, I do not want them to be able to probe him for information....If he does not have the info they can not get it from him. The number one rule of any operation....The fewer people that know the truth of the operations, the better its chances of success. Michael would make sense to watch the shop as people know we have dealt with him in the past, but it would be putting him in danger because everyone will think he knows more than he does. Someone more periphery might be better. The Dwarven Gemologist, or the weapons storekeeper both make sense as they have "business savvy" and know enough to not ask questions and neither are inextricably linked to us. The story of, 'they said they were going to be out of town for a while and asked me to make sure the shop was not disturbed and that is all I know', is more believable from them than Michael. And I agree with Nyla about the dog. It would take too much time to get it trained for going into tunnels etc. plus they take a lot of food that has to be carried and honestly I do not know how the dogs would react to each other. Training them to not go at each others throats would take some tme too.

Mellubb

First Post
"I think my point was missed. Or maybe I don't fully understand the plan. It seems to me that anyone who watches the place will find out we haven't left. Also, anyone who watches the place for us may or may not be probed for information. If we are found out by whoever watches the place then I would rather it be Michael than someone who hasn't saved my life. Also, we need to be clear on our purpose for going down under. If we want to find the missing dwarf we need to head to the north rift. If not why are we going down. Are we looking for information about the kiddnappings?? I am all about helping the helpless, I would just like to know what helpless we are helping and what helpless still need help."

Eydis

First Post
"Aaron, I have a scroll with three pages of missing people. Only a few of them have we found so far. Since we are done with Jzadirune it only seems logic that they have been taken into the Underdark, which has an entrance right beneath here. I think that the 'rift' is a trap. Now, as for who to ask about watching the shop, I feel like Eggar would be the wiser choice."

Mellubb

First Post
"I don't want to use the howling stairs every time we need supplies. When I said watch the shop I meant have someone stay here so that we could use them to get supplies back and forth, also if we find out that someone is involved up in the city we can have that person find some information about said person's involvement. And the one person I can think to give that level of trust to would be Michael. I understand the concern with his shortcomings but there is no one else I trust. I could polymorph myself to look like some one else who is supposed to stay and watch the shop, perhaps a distant cousin or the like. But the rouse would only last so long before it was found out. And if we promised to bring Michael a beast that we had to kill out of necessity, he would gladly do it, and I think not give out any information."

Remove ads