• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"There's far worse than Grunk 'round here," Vardi says. "Speakin' of worse, that's who ye wanna see if you wanna make a bet." She points to a spindly man in a plume hat sporting a fake smile weaving in and out through the patrons, collecting money as he goes.

Friadoc offers up his three silvers. "On the human," he says as he tosses them to the man, who in return offers the same fake smile and a wink.
------------------

The growd starts to get a bit restless again, but livens up as Rokelsh jumps on the dwarf and begins to pummel him. As the dwarf seemingly loses consciousness, the audience erupts into a cheering frenzy.

The man in the plume hat rushes into the cage and pulls Rokelsh off the dwarf, and raises his hand. "Your winner!" he announces over the cheering crowd. And through his teeth so that only Rokelsh can hear he says, "I'll not be payin' you a bit for that farce, charlatan."

From nowhere the man rears back and kicks Rogash in the face while he's still down. "One for the road!" he yells to the crowd, putting them on their feet again in a score of applause."

(Ragash takes 2 points of non-lethal damage for the boot to the face.)

Jemal

Adventurer
"Your crowd got the show they wanted. Unless you want me to tell them ALL the fights are staged... I'm sure that would do your business good." Rokelsh has decided he REALLY doesn't like this guy.

Friadoc

Explorer
industrygothica said:
"There's far worse than Grunk 'round here," Vardi says. "Speakin' of worse, that's who ye wanna see if you wanna make a bet." She points to a spindly man in a plume hat sporting a fake smile weaving in and out through the patrons, collecting money as he goes.

"Oh, I'm sure there is," says Friadoc with a look around. "It just screams den of iniquity."

Once his bet is made, Friadoc watches, however his face darkens slightly when the man kicks Rogash in the face. It grows darker still at the words.

"Well, that's pathetic,"
Friadoc says with little concern to keep it quiet. It wasn't a shout, but it was said at a normal tone, the disrespect in his voice is not even veiled.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jemal said:
"Your crowd got the show they wanted. Unless you want me to tell them ALL the fights are staged... I'm sure that would do your business good." Rokelsh has decided he REALLY doesn't like this guy.

The man holds his stare for only a second when Rokelsh decides that he is not staring at him, but more through him, as if he concentrating on something--pulling something from his memory. As quickly as he notices it, it is done, and life comes back to the man's eyes. "You really don't want to do that, do you?" the man asks, still showing his false smile.

Rokelsh hadn't even thought of the answer before it came to his lips, but almost instinctually he muttered the word, and could hardly believe his own ears. "No."

The man steps through the cage to the floor and holds the door for Rokelsh to exit. The two thugs guarding the entrance to the barroom wait just outside the cage, presumably to collect Rogash's broken body and do with him what they door. As Rokelsh steps out, the man in the plume hat whispers something to one of them before they enter the cage.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh Shook with barely constrained rage as he left the cage, watching the guards to see what they do with the dwarf as he gathers his gear. Should they mishandle the dwarf anymore than is expected of such lowlifes (Kicking/Stabbing, or anything harsher), he charges back into the fray. Otherwise, he follows the dwarf to ensure his safety, and plan their revenge. His anger and frustration are clearly visible to any who care to look at him, as is his concern for the dwarf.

OH how he hated mages toying with his mind.

[sblock=ooc]
I'm thinking that wasn't normal magic.. maybe psionics... but Rokelsh wouldn't know the difference.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

Rogash watches the exchange with the man in the plumed hat and the big warrior with interest. He thinks, I gonna cram that feathered hat down your thoat some day fancy man. Bracing himself for trouble, the dwarf gets ready to be removed.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The two goons enter the cage and get Rogash to his feet, maybe a little roughly. From experience, Rogash knows that this is usually the part when they throw the unconscious loser out on the street, with his equipment soon following, however they bring Rogash over to a secluded table in dimly lit corner. The man in the plume hat makes his way over, his teeth glowing through his obnoxious grin. "There is still the matter of your tab, which has now doubled thanks to you and your friend's little farce."

-------------------

Rokelsh and Friadoc watch the two men drag the dwarf from the cage. Friadoc expects to see him tossed out on his ear like the elf from before, but instead they take him to a secluded table in a dimly lit corner. The man in the plume hat slowly walks up to him, his fake smile an obvious cover. Together, the three hover over the dwarf threateningly as the man in the plume hat bends down to whisper something that only he can hear.

Jemal

Adventurer
*Since you havent' stated otherwise, I'll assume for now that Rokelsh is able to access HIS gear*

After donning his hard-earned gear, Rokelsh frowns over at the corner table. noticing that same halfling that had spoken up earlier lookign on in what appears to be dissaproval, he makes his way somewhat discreetly over to that table. "Doesn't look like they're giving him much of a break, does it?" He asks quietly as he stands nearby, trying to judge the halflings disposition.

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

Keeping his voice low and reasonable Rogash says, "Hey, fancy man, you got a good show. The patrons are happy, why are you so hungry for blood? We put up a good fight and nobody is complaining. You get heavy with me and I'll sing to the law, the patrons and anybody that will listen that you put people in the cage against their will and then toss them in the street. Now, I'll be happy to walk out of here and do my drinking somewhere else and keep my mouth shut. You've already got all my money. I gave you my pride when I let that big lug win, what more do you want?"

Remove ads