D&D 5E D&D 5th Edition Will Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadras

Legend
Good grief, I'm bored of these nay-sayers. You have those that will never be satisfied spouting out threads like these every few days and then you the 4e crowd in their forum calling 5e a tombstone edition and worrying about the rise of illusionism (apparently that school of magic must be feared).

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Isn't there already a thread about losing interest in 5E? But with less sulking?
You can never have too much sulking!
winkgun.gif

Which skill would cover sulking? Bluff? Persuade? What exactly is the sulker trying to accomplish? Does sulking attract attention for a certain reason?*

*Relevant? No? Rhetorical? B-)

Shiroiken

Legend
Despite the efforts of WotC to reach the broadest possible base of customers, 5E is not going to be for everyone. And that's OK! Somehow people have gotten the notion that if 5E doesn't work for them (and oddly enough, most of those people would get really good mileage out of optional rules and houserules) that somehow it's 5E that's the problem.

Does 5E have some problems? Yes.

Could I have made a better edition/game for MY group? Yes (by stealing a crapload from the playtest, particularly packet 2).

Is 5E a success despite this? Yes!!!

Taronkov

Explorer
I'm not sure have you had a Nokia phone? Those things are solid....

Seriously though I'm not quite sure I understand most of what the OP is talking about and all the questions I'd have about it have pretty much been asked. And yet while the OP has responded to people multiple times he has never gotten around to actually answering questions about why he thinks the things he does, he rises to being bated with silly comments but not the actual questions that would require forethought or some sort of proof as to his conclusions. By nearly all he's said and done here thus far I would simply say he's a troll without much else better to do than whine for no real particular reason.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I type this as someone who is a not a 5E fan (I prefer 4E or 13th Age) but looking at 5E as objectively as possible, I think (IMO/YMMV) that WotC is basically a skinny Paizo. The product line is skinnier. The rules are skinnier. The staff numbers are skinnier. But at the heart of of both businesses are their twice-yearly adventure paths. It's just that WotC is producing their "adventure paths" for a lower cost.

Paizo seems to be making money so, presumably, a lower cost version of Paizo is making money too. Until the Paizo model fails, I don't think 5E is going to fail unless they produce an adventure path as bad as the two they squeezed out through clenched cheeks in 4E.

Also, I can imagine this Paizo-lite strategy was an easy sell within WotC: "Let's be like Paizo but with lower costs while we wait for a windfall gain from the IP."

I'm kind of appalled by the behaviour of some people on these forums, and I'm not talking about the OP.

Making fun of the OP and making smart arse comments is not the way to go. If someone posts something you don't agree with then try posting a counter argument or don't post at all if you can't control yourself. We don't want these boards to end up like the one on the Wizards boards so could we stop with the arrogance and dog piling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads