Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

I think I'm going to say that since there is a Goblin Renegade in the first party, no GR in the second party. Since being a Goblin Renegade makes you part of the adventure hook, I'd like to see how the adventure plays out with and without the renegade in the second party. You can still be a goblin, just don't take the GR background.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Fitz, I think all of your attack values are one too high? I believe pretty much only Fighters can get +6 to attack at 1st level because they are Expert at simple and martial weapons. Everyone else is merely Trained.

You're right, thanks. I keep getting confused between "Trained gives you +1 (your level)" and the mistake I made which is "Trained gives you +1 AND you add your level to everything".

I'll fix it.

Radaceus, your untrained skills are one higher than they should be: ability - 2 + level = ability - 1.
All your trained skills are also one higher than they should be. ability + 0 + level.
Add L 8, to your equipment after Bulk, since you are close to popping up to 4 Bulk with just two more Ls. (Total Bulk=3 L 8, Bulk max 5)

Once you do that you can copy your sheet to the RG.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Here's what I got so far, working on background (its in my head just not on paper yet).

Name: Noboru (NO-bow-rue)
A/B/C: male human(half-orc), Pathfinder Hopeful, Barbarian
Align: Chaotic Good, Deity: Cayden Cailean
Languages: Common, Tien
Perception: +3 (E)
AC: 16 TAC: 12
HP: 25/25, Resonance: 1/1
Speed: 20 ft, Hero Points: 1

STR 18 +4, DEX 12 +1, CON 16 +3
INT 10 +0, WIS 12 +1, CHA 10 +0

FORT +5 (E), REF +2 (T), WILL +3 (E)

Combat skills
unarmed strike: +5 atk, 1d4+4(B), agile, finesse, nonlethal, unarmed
lg greatclub: +5 atk, 3d10+4(B), backswing, shove, reach 10'
dagger +5 atk, 1d4+4(P) agile, finesse, versatile(S), thrown 10'
dagger/thrown +2 atk, 1d4+4(P)
lt hammer +5 atk, 1d6+4(B) agile, thrown 20'
lt hammer/thrown +2 atk, 1d6+4(B)

Armor: Trained in light and medium armor
Weapons: Trained in all simple and martial weapons
Skills:
- Athletics +2 (T)
- Intimidation +1 (T)
- Survival +2 (T)
- Pathfinder Society Lore +1 (T)
- Giant Lore +1 (T)

Feats
[sblock=Half-Orc]
Heritage, Human Feat 1
Either one of your parents was an orc, or one or both were half-orcs. You have a green tinge to your skin and other indicators of orc heritage. You gain the orc trait. Select two of the following benefits: intimidating visage you are trained in Intimidation), low-light vision (you can see in dim light as well as you can in bright light), orc tongue (add Orcish to your list of languages), or orc toughness (gain 2 Hit Points). You can select orc, half-orc, and human feats whenever you gain an ancestry feat.
Special You can select this feat twice. The second time, it loses the heritage trait and you gain the other two benefits.
Note Choices: low-light vision and orc toughness[/sblock]
[sblock=Additional Lore]
General, Skill Feat 1
Giant Lore
Prerequisites: trained in Lore
The breadth of your knowledge has increased to encompass a new field. Choose an additional Lore skill subcategory. You become trained in it and it counts as a signature skill. At 3rd, 5th, and 13th levels, you gain an additional skill increase you can apply only to Lore. When you select this feat, you gain the skill increases immediately for all listed levels at or below your current level.
Special: You can select this feat more than once, choosing a new subcategory of Lore each time and gaining the listed skill increases to that Lore.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sudden Charge]
Barbarian, Action *>> Feat 1
Requirements: You are not wearing heavy armor.
With a quick sprint, you dash up to your foe and swing. Stride up to double your Speed. If you end the move within melee reach of at least one enemy, you can make a melee Strike against that enemy. You can use Sudden Charge while Burrowing, Climbing, Flying, or Swimming instead of Striding if you have the corresponding movement type.[/sblock]

Class Features
Key Ability: STR
Signature Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Giant Lore

[sblock=Rage]
Requirements: You can’t be fatigued, raging, or wearing heavy armor.
• You begin raging. You gain a number of temporary Hit Points equal to your level plus your Constitution modifier and enter a state of pure rage that lasts for 3 rounds. While you are raging, you are affected in these ways:
• Gain a +2 conditional bonus to damage rolls with melee weapons and unarmed Strikes. The bonus is halved if your weapon or unarmed Strike is agile. This bonus increases by 1 at level 3 and every 4 levels thereafter.
• Take a –1 penalty to AC.
• You can’t use actions that have the concentrate trait unless they also have the rage trait. The Seek basic action gains the rage trait while you’re raging. After you have stopped raging, you lose any remaining temporary Hit Points from using the Rage action, you can’t use Rage again for 1 round, and you are fatigued for 1 round. You can’t voluntarily stop raging. If you stop raging before its usual duration expires, you are fatigued and can’t Rage again until after the end of your next turn.[/sblock]
[sblock=Totem]
Giant Totem
Giants are towering, exceptionally strong humanoids, and some tribes aspire to be like them. Your rage gives you the raw power and size of a giant. This doesn’t mean you revere giants—you might scoff at them, or even aspire to slay them! It could be that you seem to other people like a giant due to your exceptional strength or larger-than-life emotions and ego.

Anathema - Failing to accept a personal challenge of your strength is anathema to your totem.

Titan Mauler (Totem Ability)
You can use a weapon built for a Large creature if you are Small or Medium (both normally and when raging). If you’re not Small or Medium, you can use a weapon built for a creature one size larger than you. You also gain access to your choice of weapon at character creation. When you are wielding such a weapon in combat, double your conditional bonus to damage rolls from raging, but you have the sluggish 1 condition (see page 324) because of the weapon’s unwieldy size. You can’t remove this sluggish condition or ignore its penalties by any means while you’re wielding the weapon.

Raging Resistance
The resistance from your raging resistance class feature applies against bludgeoning damage and your choice of cold, electricity, or fire damage. Choose the damage type when you gain the raging resistance class feature (though you can retrain it later).[/sblock]

Spells n/a

Equipment (Bulk n L m)
Bulk: 8 (2L); (0-9/unencumbered, 10-14/encumbered)
mountain giant greatclub free (or 24sp?), bulk 4
chainmail 60sp bulk 2
dagger 2sp L
light hammer 3sp L
Backpack 1sp
bedroll 1cp L
belt pouch(x2) 8cp
clothing(x2) 2sp
flint and steel 5cp
mug 1cp
piton(5) 5cp
rations 5L (5 days) 25cp
rope hemp(50') bulk 1 1sp
sack(5) L 1cp
tent-pup L 8sp
torch(10) L 1cp
waterskin L 5cp

Money
starting sp: 150
spent: 77sp, 52cp
leftover cash: 68sp, 8cp

Description/History/Etc
A very tall and muscluar half-orc, Noboru is light skinned and bald. He twists his beard into braids and has overly large pointed orc ears. On his back is a large spiked club he has learned to use through months of practice. (Note: Mother was a half-orc, father was a giant or half-giant)

Advancement

Traits: human, orc, humaniod

This is what I have so far. Still need to work on background and my name and such but want to make sure I have the basic down first before getting to much further.

Name:
Halfling Mind Quake Survivor Druid:
Align: NG, Deity:
Languages: Common, Halfling, Druidic
Perception: +5 (T)
AC: 17 TAC: 14
HP: 16/16, Resonance: 0/1
Speed: 25 ft, Hero Points: 1

STR 10 +0, DEX 16 +3, CON 14 +2
INT 10 +0, WIS 18 +4, CHA 10 +0

FORT +4 (E), REF +4 (T), WILL +6 (E)

Melee Strike Staff +1 1d4 B, Two-hand d8
Melee Strike Sickle +5 1d4 S, Agile, finesse, trip
Ranged Strike Sling +5 1d6 B, 50 ft., Propulsive

Skills: (* = Signature)
Acrobatics +3 (U)
Arcana -1 (U)
Athletics* +1 (T)
Crafting* +2 (T)
Deception -1 (U)
Diplomacy -1 (U)
Intimidation -1 (U)
Lore*: Dominion of the Black +1 (T)
Medicine +5 (T)
Nature* +5 (T)
Occultism -1 (U)
Performance 1- (U)
Religion +3 (U)
Society -1 (U)
Stealth +4 (T)
Survival* +5 (T)
Thievery +2 (U)

Armor:
Trained in all light and medium armor not made of metal
Trained in light and heavy shields not made of metal

Weapons:
Trained in all simple weapons and the scimitar

Feats
Lucky Halfling (Ancestry - 1)
Dubious Knowledge (Background - 1)
Animal Companion (Druid - 1)

Class Features
Trained in primal spell rolls and DCs and in attack rolls for primal spells
Primal Spellcasting
Anathema
Druidic Order: Animal
Order Power (Heal Animal)
Spell Points 4/4
Druidic Language
Wild Empathy

Spells +5 (DC 15)
4 Cantrips Prepared
Dancing lights
Electric arc
Stabilize
Know direction
2 1st-lvl Prepared
Heal
Shillelagh

Equipment (Bulk 4 L 1)
Hide Armor
Staff
Sickle
Sling
20 Sling Bullets
Holly and Mistletoe
Waterskin
Flint and Steel
Bedroll
Belt Pouch
Backpack
Silk Rope 50'
Ordinary Clothes
Rations (6 days)

Money
112 sp

Description/History/Etc

Animal Companion Honey Badger
Name:
HP: 15/15
AC: 11 TAC: 11
Size: Small
Speed: 25 ft, burrow 10 feet, climb 10 feet

STR 12 +1, DEX 11 +0, CON 12 +1
INT 6 +0, WIS 13 +1, CHA 10 +0

FORT +2 (T), REF +1 (T), WILL +2 (T)

Skill:
Survival +2 (T)
Perception +2 (T)
Acrobatics +1 (T)
Athletics +2 (T)

Attacks:
Unarmed Strikes
Jaws + 1d8 P
Claws 1d6 S, Agile

Senses: Scent

Advancement

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I am not sure that oversized weapons actually get extra damage dice, or any extra damage at all for that matter beyond the bonus while raging. I was looking at this specific issue just the other day because I was trying to make a halfling titan mauler barbarian who used a slingstaff (because that would be hilarious at high levels). Even if you look at just the giant and ogre entries in the bestiary the rules they use seem to be wildly inconsistent. Some get more dice for non-magical weapons of larger size, some do not. All of the magic weapons seem to only do as much damage as a medium sized magic weapon. But the non-magic weapons are super confusing.

Remove ads