Votes: 81 32.8%
  • 55+

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • I am beyond space and time

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Poll closed .

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I'm 31. Was introduced to D&D at a fairly young age but didn't have much interaction with it outside reading my brother's books, occasionally watching them play, and of course the computer games (Eye of Beholder and eventually Baldur's Gate). Played a few games in AOL chat rooms back when that was a thing people actually did. Didn't really get involved in table play until I hit college (2003) with Star Wars D20, Hackmaster and eventually D&D 3.5. Don't think I joined the forums here until 4e hit the shelves.

But then, I've been posting in forums, in one form or another, for at least the past 20 years. Other than moving from AOL to web browsers I can't say the functionality has improved much since. Never really understood the appeal of Reddit; it just always struck me as a forum with worse functionality and little-to-no moderation.

GameOgre

Adventurer
47 years old and been playing for 39 years!

*And yes I begrudge those 8 years of not playing! I blame it on poor parenting! I would have been rolling D20's in the womb if I had but known.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
The Big Bang? It wasn't the first. Took us fifty tries to get it right. Kept resulting in universes where the planets were square or were discs balanced on the backs of elephants that stood on turtles.

Well, if Google Analytics is based on the age in our profiles, it'll likely be skewing young. I just recently updated my profile... the age range listed there was my age when I signed up to ENWorld. Might not make a huge difference to those stats, but I would think it would make some.

akr71

Hero
I'll be 46 in a few days and I started playing ~78 with my Dad & brother. I started playing more frequently in jr high and high school with friends and then took a long break toward the end of high school when beer and getting laid (or trying to at least) were higher priorities.

Started playing 5e with my wife and kids about 2 years ago and have been in a few campaigns on Roll20 too.

Wulffolk

Explorer
Way back in 1980 my mother pushed me to play D&D as a way to get me interested in reading. I was 10 at the time, and wouldn't read anything more involved than a comic book. She never bought into the fear/hype about D&D being Eeevil, and saw it as a teaching tool. For that i am eternally grateful. Thanks Mom! Since then I can't stop reading fantasy and science fiction. I was always lost in my own imagination as a kid, and thanks to D&D I never grew out of it and still feel like a kid at heart to this day.

Remove ads