D&D 5E E's 5E Tomb of Annihilation (ooc)

Okay, so we still need to decide if we knew each other before getting on the ship. There are character plans but no one other than Kahless has actually posted a character sheet so far. I'll definitely go Life Cleric. Play as the secondary tank.

eayres33

Explorer
Yes, let’s work on getting the party rounded out, I’d like to start this sometime next week, most likely Wednesday.

Currently we have one full character sheet. There are also two new backgrounds in the book, if any of you have interest in being an anthropologist or an archaeologist please let me know.

It would be nice if even one knew at least one party member before they were recruited for the mission but if you want to be a total newcomer you will at least know the basics about one each other (names, general backgrounds/ specialties) by the time the game starts since you will all been aboard the same ship for 10 days.

Basically done

Name: Oskeld Frostforge
Race: Male Hill Dwarf
Background: Hermit
Class: Cleric 1 of Life
Alignment: Neutral Good
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Inspiration: No
Spent HD: none

Strength: 14 (+2)
Athlethics: +2​

Dexterity: 10 (+0)
Acrobatics: +0
Sleight of Hand: +0
Stealth: +0 disadvantage​

Constitution: 15 (+2)

Charisma: 8 (-1)
Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1​
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Investigation: 11
Initiative: +0
AC: 18 (16 w/o shield)
Speed: 30 ft
Hit Dice: 1d8
HP: 10/10

Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Arcana: +1
+History: +3, +5 about stonework
Investigation: +1
Nature: +1
+Religion: +3​

Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Animal Handling: +3
+Insight: +5
+Medicine: +5
Perception: +3
Survival: +3​

+Proficient

[sblock="COMBAT"]OFFENSE Initiative: +0
Weapon
Battleaxe
Warhammer
SPELL
Range

varies
To Hit
+4
+4
+5
Damage
1d8+2 (s)
1d8+2 (b)
varies
Notes
versatile (1d10)
versatile (1d10)
varies, DC 13
DEFENSE AC: 18, 16 w/o shield
Strength: +2
Intelligence: +0
Dexterity: +0
+Wisdom: +5
Constitution: +2
+Charisma: +1
EXPENDABLES
[-] 2nd levelChannel Divinity: 1 (short/long)[/-]

Spells Per Long Rest
Spells Cast
1st
2nd
-
3rd
-
4th
-
5th
-
6th
-
7th
-
8th
-
9th
-
Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Toll of the Dead
1st level: Bless+*!, Cure Wounds+!, Guiding Bolt+, Protection From Evil and Good#*, Sanctuary#, Shield of Faith#*
! domain spell, + Spell benefits from higher casting level. * Spell requires concentration
# Requires a spell focus or cheap material component. $ Requires a material component that costs money[/sblock][sblock="FEATURES AND TRAITS"]Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Common, Dwarf +1
Armor: Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor, Shields
Weapons: All Simple weapons, plus battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer
Tools: Smith's Tools, Herbalism Kit​
Race: Hill Dwarf
+2 Con, +1 Wis; Speed: 25 feet; Size: Medium; Livespan: 350 years
Darkvision: 60 feet
Dwarven Resilience: Advantage on poison saving throws. Resistance to poison damage
Dwarven Combat Training: proficient in battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer
Tool Proficiency: Proficient in artisan's tools, one of smith's tools, brewer's tools, or mason's tools
Stonecunning: Double proficient in Int (History) skill checks only related to the origin of stonework
Dwarven Toughness: +1 hp/level​
Background: Hermit
Skills: Medicine, Religion; Tools: herbalism kit; Language: 1
Life of Seclusion: I wanted to know if the forge is a true metaphor for life
Feature: Discovery: Something I thought about was profound​
Feats: None
Class: Cleric, Life Domain
Spellcasting:
Domain: Life
Domain Spells: bless, cure wounds
Disciple of Life: Non-cantrip healing spells heal an additional 2+spell level hp of damage.
Bonus Proficiencies: You are proficient in heavy armor
[/sblock][sblock="EQUIPMENT"]Chain Mail(AC 16, 55#)
Battleaxe (4#)
Warhammer (2#)
shield (6#)
Holy Symbol, amulet (1#), on neck
waterskin
backpack
common clothes (3#)
a blanket
10 candles
a tinderbox
an alms box
bedroll (7#)
papers of my revelations
prayer book (5#)
2 blocks of incense
censer
vestiments
2 days of rations
mess kit (1#)
sewing kit (1#)​
belt pouch (14 gp, 0 sp, )

Equipment Weight: 75#
[sblock="Carrying Capacity"]
Encumbered
Heavily Encumbered
Carrying Capacity
Push, Drag, Lift
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock="DESCRIPTION and HISTORY"]HISTORY: Oskeld was always a curious dwarf, always asking how come? or why? and not taking because as the reason. When he was old enough, he went off on his own into unexplored caves to find new things. He even explored the surface's forests for new things. He did not think life was only about the forge and the clan. Recently, he was told of a trip to Chult. A new place to explore and discover new things. Maybe there are answers there.
Race: Hill Dwarf
Relationship: None
Height: 4' 8"
Weight: 145#
Complexion: wrinkled
Skin: ruddy
Hair: black/brown
Eyes: blue/black
Face Structure: round, long beard
APPEARANCE: Oskeld looks more like an armored warrior than a priest. He braided beard tells of his exploits on the field of honor. His hair is ill-kept and his pants are always dirty because he sat down without worrying about what he was sitting on/in.

PERSONALITY: Oskeld is gruff like all dwarves. But his issue is that most people don't examine the world, they take life for granted.

Traits: I do not fear death; sometimes I fear living.
Traits: I believe truth lies in the pebbles, not the stones.
Ideal: Turn over every stone until you know everything
Bond: I must continue my quest to discover the truth
Flaw: Curiosity will kill me.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Okay I’m ready to get this going, I still need some characters as only jmucchiello and KahlessNestor have characters in.
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION]
[MENTION=79926]ART![/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]

Please let me know if you are still onboard.

Khraos

First Post
I believe I was the 5th player, let me know if that has changed. I posted my character in the character thread, but I will also post the information here.

Name : Burken Ungar (Goes by Burk) Age: 52

Class: Barbarian Race: Hill Dwarf

Dwarf.png

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1416502

Burken Ungar was born the eldest son of a rural hill dwarf druid. Even as a young child, he always showed a unique affinity to animals and immediately took to spending his time wandering the forest. This greatly pleased his father Keerin as he hoped one of his sons would follow him into the druidic arts. However, as he grew, Burken was more interested in simply exploring and spending time in the wild. Burken’s wanderlust and his father’s sense of duty constantly clashed. Keerin saw his son as absent-minded and lazy and often attempted to set him straight. Burken, however, was as stubborn as his father was determined.

By the time Burken became of age, he determined he wanted to explore the world instead of living his life confined to his home. He packed his axe and shield and without more than a simple good bye to his parents. Burken has spent the last decade or so traveling the world and finding himself in various adventures. When offered the chance to travel to Chult, Burken jumped at the chance to explore a new type of exotic climate he had never been in before. Estatic at this opportunity, Burken has set out with what little he has, resolved and ready to help his team, but determined mostly to experience and enjoy the adventure.

Attachments

• Dwarf.png
    Dwarf.png
    302 KB · Views: 894

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Okay I’m ready to get this going, I still need some characters as only jmucchiello and KahlessNestor have characters in.

[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION]

[MENTION=79926]ART![/MENTION]

[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]

Please let me know if you are still onboard.

Woah! Um - yes! I just lost track and assuemd this had gone on without me. What does the party need, character/niche-wise?

Remove ads