D&D 5E Survivor Worst Spells: FIND TRAPS IS THE WORST!

OB1

Jedi Master
Find Traps 36
True Strike 39

I nearly TPKd a party in Sunless Citadel due to a ward on a book in a room full of books the party was looking through. I can see how Find Traps would be useful to the paranoid (or forgetful) wizard or other researcher who wants to know beforehand whether they might get blowed up for reading. Maybe not the most useful spell for an adventuring party, but potentially life saving for certain types of NPC wizards.

Argyle King

Legend
Find Traps is quite vague on what it detects. Hostile monsters might trigger it, for example.
True Strike, however, is quite clear cut on what it can and can't do.

Tying it up:
Find Traps 39
True Strike 39

If we're talking about what's quite clear, a curtain across a hallway technically foils Find Traps.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Find Traps 33
True Strike 39

Once a player takes True Strike, he is stuck with that cantrip forever. It slightly gimps the PC for the rest of the campaign as he cannot switch it out. He is stuck with fewer useful cantrips forever.

Taking Find Traps means that he just might never cast it again.

Phazonfish

B-Rank Agent
Find Traps 32
True Strike 38

Huh, wasn't able to vote yesterday due to technical issues, but it looks like Find Traps will be getting the silver medal it deserves anyway. Imma keep voting for it just for it, but I think we all know which spell is the real winner.

Remove ads