Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

GreenKarl

First Post
Next week works for me. I will modify his background some more to fit everything you mentioned.

I do want to try and get at least 10 XP to purchase rank 1 Knowledge (Outer Rim). That wold be the +5 I already got and maybe one more from a relationship with one of the other characters.

I am also debating just dropping Force Sensitive as it is an extra 25XP that could flesh out other stuff instead...

Quickleaf

Legend
The Duty Wound mechanic is just positively mirroring the Obligation negative Wound mechanic, so I don't think it's necessary to deny extra XP for it if you don't use it. You could ignore the same reverse mechanic on Obligation with no problem.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Ah, thanks for catching that. So many hidden details in the rules. Let's do that, just ignore the Wound threshold stuff for both Obligation and Duty, but keep the XP.

xynthoros

First Post
Starting within the next week or so would be perfectly fine, there are only three of us now, but even if no one else joins by then, people can hop in even after we get going.

[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] just came across this post and I'm interested. Would need to pick up the core rules and skim through them to see how they work but would love to make a character. I have a couple concepts floating around and will have to see how they work in the the rules system. Let me know if you have room for one more.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] just came across this post and I'm interested. Would need to pick up the core rules and skim through them to see how they work but would love to make a character. I have a couple concepts floating around and will have to see how they work in the the rules system. Let me know if you have room for one more.

Hi VLAD! Yes, we have room for 2-3 more players. Would be happy to chat with you about your character.

I'll PM you some starter resources for familiarizing yourself with the system. But don't worry about trying to figure everything out right out of the gate; the main thing is to understand character creation and the basics of die-rolling. My first post has a simple overview.

Here's a snapshot from The Force Awakens beginner's set that explains the basics of die-rolling succinctly:

77QwC18.png

Quickleaf

Legend
So was thinking some kind of pilot/explorer concept. Might go force emergent since everyone else is but not sure.

I see from the other character that you are lacking in a taxi driver.

Mhmm, that's a character role the group definitely could use.

Probably the Careers that have specializations/talent trees that most support the pilot/recon role are:

Age of Rebellion: Ace, Commander
Edge of the Empire: Bounty Hunter, Explorer, Smuggler
Force and Destiny: Mystic, Seeker, Warrior

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Edge alsi has a dedicated Pilot tree, as well.

Unless you have a strong concept that includes the Force, I wouldn't just tack it on to your character. Part of the way they balance the Force users with "normal" characters is that the Force abilities are competing for your XP. It's very easy to spread yourself too thin. I would suggest focusing on the pilot thing first, and later, once you have more system mastery, you can grab a Force tree.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Quickleaf

Legend
Edge alsi has a dedicated Pilot tree, as well.

Unless you have a strong concept that includes the Force, I wouldn't just tack it on to your character. Part of the way they balance the Force users with "normal" characters is that the Force abilities are competing for your XP. It's very easy to spread yourself too thin. I would suggest focusing on the pilot thing first, and later, once you have more system mastery, you can grab a Force tree.

Also, if someone did want to play a full-on Jedi padawan using Force and Destiny, we do have a way to incorporate that. A Jedi might be a survivor of the purge on Luke's new Jedi Temple on Devaron, narrowly escaping the Knights of Ren.

Remove ads