D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Dream was what I had come up with a few days ago. I think it would work in an actual play example. You'd just have to 'know the target': spend a few years working that out right! However, given that the sorcerer does not leave his stronghold, just move to two days+ flight from there and get on with your life ;-)

Hohige

Explorer
Overall its an incredibly fun idea for a character, and very dangerous. But in an actual situation would be possible to kill - it's a great combination of things! There would be ways round it, they will have ways round them... We should just go, yes that was great - excellent, and move on! We don't need to prove via argument we can kill character X, and I hope Hohige doesn't feel the need to prove it's immortal...
The idea is to be invincible

Direct combat is impossible, then.
So trying to fight indirectly, but it is very difficult for them.

Hohige

Explorer
Dream was what I had come up with a few days ago. I think it would work in an actual play example. You'd just have to 'know the target': spend a few years working that out right! However, given that the sorcerer does not leave his stronghold, just move to two days+ flight from there and get on with your life ;-)
To date, no one has been able to discover the location of his fortness and who the sorcerer really is. All attempts have failed.

Catulle

Hero
The problem is being reliant on Wish to duplicate the effects of lower tier spells that a, say, Wizard can obviate at an earlier level by just having them on the spell list. So, with the level playing field of a three-year(!) prep time, they can just bring overwhelming force to bear due to the embarrassment of riches that class has with regards to known spells and slot efficiency. Going for a slow lead in is choosing rock against paper (sure, most of the game may be scissors, but it just takes one...)

Catulle

Hero
While that Wish slot is tied up preparing for a tomorrow that may never come there is no protection. Fair's fair, the sorcerer gets three years of build up, so does anyone else, right?

Hohige

Explorer
The problem is being reliant on Wish to duplicate the effects of lower tier spells that a, say, Wizard can obviate at an earlier level by just having them on the spell list. So, with the level playing field of a three-year(!) prep time, they can just bring overwhelming force to bear due to the embarrassment of riches that class has with regards to known spells and slot efficiency. Going for a slow lead in is choosing rock against paper (sure, most of the game may be scissors, but it just takes one...)
Wizard study for years. Right?
Sorcerer born with spells. Right?

1610473900711.png

Why can't the Sorcerer use his "extra" time to prepare his home?

Hohige

Explorer
Got a page reference for that "rule?"

Scholars of the Arcane​

Wild and enigmatic, varied in form and function, the power of magic draws students who seek to master its mysteries. Some aspire to become like the gods, shaping reality itself. Though the casting of a typical spell requires merely the utterance of a few strange words, fleeting gestures, and sometimes a pinch or clump of exotic materials, these surface components barely hint at the expertise attained after years of apprenticeship and countless hours of study.

Remove ads