• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Heroic Souls (FULL/CLOSED - accepting alts)

Redclaw

First Post
I didn't specify some of it, for which I apologize. The father's brother being Jeilla's father just seemed to make sense. It might even have led to Jeilla and her mother living with Enric and family, although that seems a bit much.

As for Enric's burial of his brother, it could be an elven thing. Rather than interring their dead they give them to the river. Otherwise it's just the family's connection to the river, and it seemed like a fitting way to say goodbye to his brother.

hewligan

First Post
Just to say: I do still read this thread and will post any OOC questions or comments here. Game seems to be progressing quite well so far. Obviously going to have a lot more emphasis on ROLE playing until the rules are released, but in my personal opinion that is a good thing. This is almost a collaborative story we are crafting here.

Graf

Explorer
Glad you're having fun. As I said I think this is going extremely well.

I think it's very reasonable for Jeilla and her mother to have moved in with Eldan's family. Or their house could be nearby (like, next door) and they usually eat with you.
Should I post for Jeilla our would one of you like to?

Re: An elvin tradition of river burial. It -is- possible. I guess I'd been thinking that Jeilla was related to you on her mother's side (so her mom is Enric's brother and her husband was a "regular" townsperson).
(And I just keep thinking that pushing the body down the river would mean it gets stuck either in the swamp, or at a bend of the river and eaten by animals... maybe the actual elvin tradition has more to it? Either sending the body to the realm of the fey through ritual using the river? Or just a spell that causes the body and the raft to disintegrate quickly?)
Shall we leave it a mystery for now?

Redclaw

First Post
I think I'd actually prefer you to run Jeilla. She was originally meant to be a hook-producer. :)

I would definitely expect there to be more to the elven tradition, but that doesn't mean that Enric would be aware of, or able to reproduce, the other pieces of it. I pictured him using an old boat that he knew of. Very much reminiscent of Boromir's disposal.

Redclaw

First Post
Looks good to me. How much should we be creating as we go along here? I don't want to tread on your "story reasons" ideas, but I don't want you to feel like I'm not contributing enough, either. On the one hand, the collaborative storytelling has been fun, but it feels like we might be entering the area of the DM/Player split, if you know what I mean.

Graf

Explorer
That is a really good question to which I do not have a good answer.
In my opinion having you guys include stuff spontaniously
1. Makes the story richer
2. Keeps me on my toes/challenges me to question why I'm doing something (I.e. Is there a good reason or is it just a something I'm being precious about).

On the other hand, as you said, I have story stuff which isn't visible to you guys yet that limits what would "fit".

Feel free to toss little stuff out in the castle (new rooms, found objects, characteristics, etc) for bigger ideas could you give me a heads-up?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads