• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] The Dustbowl (IC)

renau1g

First Post
Seeing his enemies fall, Stick drops his protective armour and charges forward across the battlefield to aid Roithe. He twirls his quarterstaff in his strong hands and brings it down hard on the skeleton's back. The weapon flares a sickly green as the dragonborn brings it to bear.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Unsummon Armour
Move: To O5 (to flank)
Standard: Earth Shield Strike on BS1 Vs AC; Damage; poison dmg (1d20+14=21, 1d8+7=15, 1d6=6)
Hit AC 21 for 21 damage, and Stick gets +2 bonus to AC TENT (bringing AC to 20).
Free: Mark BS1 (it takes -3 on attack rolls that don't include him)
*I'll set the Cosmic bonus to be The Phase of The Moon: Granting Resist 5 psychic, and a bonus to AC = to number of enemies surrounding Stick.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stat]
Stick , Dragonborn Sorceror|Warden
Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 17 Passive Insight: 12
AC: 23* (17 w/o plate)--Fort: 18--Ref: 14*--Will: 19--Speed: 5 (mount is 7)
*Note: Ranged attack rolls from farther than 5 squares away take a -5 penalty to them
HP: 58/58--Bloodied: 29--Surge: 14--Surges remaining: 6/7
Action Points: 1--Second wind: Not used
Powers:
Blazing Starfall
Earth Shield Strike

Hungry Earth
Ice Dragon's Teeth
Dragon's Breath
Form of Winter's Herald
Glacial Armour
Nature's Abundance
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
hmmm...
Rashka considers the ring for a moment, last time he just slipped one on, it nearly cost him his legs... *Better to pocket it...* the kalashtar thinks.

Dropping the trinket into a fold for later discussion, Rashka stands.

[sblock=OOC]

This isn't a turn, just RP...

Anyone need anything from Rashka?

[/sblock]

Cheub

First Post
Ignoring the flame, Roithe immediately vanished out of shear anger at the first skeleton, only after reposting his strike with his longsword, to leave in the psuedo-living beings confusion.

He reappeared behind the second skeleton, leaving the flames behind, brandishing his archeic dagger, seeming to be already plunged into the bleached bone spine of it.

"Teach them the meaning of death, and make them value the fact that they will no longer live to see my wrath upon them!"

[sblock=OOC]

Standard: Standard melee attack on BS1 Roll Lookup (23) (Forgot to type in the +9 in invisible castle, sorry. I'll reroll if you want)
Hit: Roll Lookup (4, awesome...) Edit: (Forgot the d6, messing up left and right today... Roll Lookup (4) Total 8)
Move: Fey Step (Again, sorry. What I actually used last round was Ethereal stride, not the Eladrin racial. I mixed them up. Again, if you don't want to count this I'll redo) to O8
Minor: Curse BS2
Action Point: Standard: Sneak attack BS2 Roll Lookup (27)
Hit: Roll Lookup (14)
Save: Roll Lookup (Critical success)

I can live with those rolls......

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

Roithe, Eladrin Warlock/Rogue
Initiative: +5; Passive Perception: 12 Passive, Insight: 12
AC: 18* --Fort: 12--Ref: 17--Will: 15--Speed: 6
*Note: Concealment (+2), Shadow Walk (Move at least 3 squares)
HP: 23/45--Bloodied: 22--Surge: 11--Surges remaining: 6/6
Action Points: 0--Second wind: Not used
Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Eye Bite

Dreadful Word
Setup Strike
Sneak Attack
Fey Step
Ethereal Stride

Curse Of The Dark Dream
Hunger Of Hadar

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
He reappeared behind the second skeleton, leaving the flames behind, brandishing his archeic dagger, seeming to be already plunged into the bleached bone spine of it.

"Skillful!" admits Mialucus with a happy snarl.

"Teach them the meaning of death, and make them value the fact that they will no longer live to see my wrath upon them!"
A pause... "He's speaking to his dagger again, isn't he?"

CaBaNa

First Post
"He's speaking to his dagger again, isn't he?"

Yup quips Rashka in reply.

Chanting and singing, dipping and turning, rhythmically swaying around the skeleton foes, Rashka expresses love... Barely maintaining his smile while posturing in ways the skeletons would never be useful again.

[sblock=OOC]
I may not be able to update until later on tonight or tomorrow anyway... I'll get to it ASAP though!
[/sblock]

[sblock=EDIT]

Minor Bluff for seriousness of song and dance 19

Move to O7, avoiding AoO.

Standard Astral Flare 26 vs will on BS1 18 vs will on BS2 if this hits they are dazed TE of Rashka's next turn.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
Dazed and confused by the sudden flurry of movement and attacks by the party, the two skeletons show no fear in their undead eyes. Setting its eyes on Stick, one of the skeletons lashes out and swipes with its blazing claw.

Not to be outdone, the other skeleton turns around and throws itself at Roithe, attempting to set the warlock on fire in retribution for what he has done.

[sblock=BS2 and BS1 actions]

BS1 – Blazing Claw on Stick. 9 vs. AC. Horrid Miss.

BS2 – Blazing Claw on Roithe 28 vs. AC . Sorry Rotihe. From -8 to attack, you only take 5 ongoing fire damage and make a save next turn. [/sblock]

[sblock=Round 5 Combat Setup]

Dustbowl_RuinedCityRound5.jpg

We’re going down to the wire, just a few more rounds and we will be able to continue the adventure! I’m excited about what’s going to happen, thanks to all of you for playing along!

I had to make some minor movement adjustments due to Caden's push and Roithe's backside attack (heh). I didn't penalize anyone on the moves, just put you in the best positions possible![/sblock]

[sblock=Current Status]
Party
Caden(+6) - HP:44/44 Status = None
Mialucus(+2) - HP:55/55 Status = None
Rashka (+2) - HP:43/43 Status = None
Roithe(+5) -HP:28/45 Status = None
Stick(+3) - HP:58/58 Status = 1 Surge Used / +2 AC

Monsters
BN1 Damage:86 Status = DEAD
BN2 Damage:86 Status = DEAD

BS1 Damage:29 Status = Marked by Stick
BS2 Damage:27 Status = Cursed by Roithe [/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Caden pauses momentarily, and then seeing his opportunity, tumbles into a position to flank the skeleton and thrusts his dagger hard into it. "These things know no fear!" he exclaims in interest.
[sblock]Move: Tumble (utility 2 encounter power, shift half speed, no opportunity attack) to position M5.
Standard: Sly Flourish Sneak Attack on BS2 (1d20+15=22) vrs AC for (1d4+13+2d6=22) damage.
Misc: Will delay, if necessary, to allow full advantage of any cursing or marking to take effect for those that can make use of it.
Misc2: if BS2 destroyed, then will tumble and attack BS1 from position O3 instead[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Eblue said:
The descending claw is deflected by a sly parry by Mialucus, bashing at the appropriate shoulder bones, but dripping flames still manage to splash Roithe, setting him on fire.

"Extinguish!" earnestly counsels the elf. His scimitar fattens to tremendous size and he forcefully bats the candle undead away from Roithe, giving the man some breathing room...

Legildur said:
"These things know no fear!" he exclaims in interest.

"And we do?"

[Sblock=Actions]Standard=Luring Strike on BS2, int vs AC 1d20+13=32, 1d8+6=8 damage and BS2 slides to N6 while Mialucus shifts to M7.

Minor=Mark BS2.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stat]
Mialucus, Elven Swordmage
Initiative: +2; Passive Perception: 17 Passive Insight: 13
AC: 23--Fort: 15--Ref: 16--Will: 15--Speed: 7
HP: 55/55--Bloodied: 27--Surge: 13--Surges remaining: 11/11
Action Points: 1--Second wind: Not used
Powers:
Luring Strike (AP)
Sword Burst (FRPG)

Racial: Elven Accuracy (PHB)
Falcon's Mark (AP)
Blazing Lunge (AP)
Channeling Shield (AP)
Frost Backlash (FRPG)
Lingering Lightning (FRPG)
Item: Wounding Weapon (AV)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
Round 5 Mini-Status Update 1

The combination of masterfully placed dagger strikes and sword swipes are simply no match for the blazing skeleton, sending him down in a pile of bones (BS2 is now dead!) Caden and Mialucus smile coyly at each other as they come into view, both in perfect flanking positions. Years of combat training and devotion to the Arts have made them both formidable warriors, verging on friends.

Turning to his friends, Roithe looks as though he is in some desperate need of help, his flesh still tinged with red fire.

[sblock=Current Status]
Party
Caden(+6) - HP:44/44 Status = None
Mialucus(+2) - HP:55/55 Status = None
Rashka (+2) - HP:43/43 Status = None
Roithe(+5) -HP:18/45 Status = None
Stick(+3) - HP:58/58 Status = 1 Surge Used / +2 AC

Monsters
BN1 Damage:86 Status = DEAD
BN2 Damage:86 Status = DEAD

BS1 Damage:29 Status = Marked by Stick /
BS2 Damage:54 Status = DEAD [/sblock]