[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Is it still too late to go hit up the Games for Tlacamatli's Princess? :) I'm sure Taka and Nori would love to prove their worth as contestants. [MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION] could even throw in a new system or something to spice things up as we have a gladiatorial sesh!

Mewness

First Post
A few days later, with the camp much improved, the group heads out again, seeking the island mentioned in the old diary. Pezock reluctantly tears himself away from his work on the light to show them the place.

The route takes them back along the path to Pezock's old camp. In the ravine, the adventurers find signs that the cannibals had indeed set up an ambush--there is a rolling log trap that required release by hand--but whoever was watching the path is now gone. The group proceeds along to Pezock's crab, then further west along the coast.

Here, a narrow stretch of slippery rocks is barely exposed to the air, and the group is able to cross very carefully over to the next island. This is overgrown with the thick jungle typical of Smuggler's Shiv, and so far there seems to be nothing amiss. Working their way northwest, they soon come in sight of another island in the chain. It at first appears covered by some new variety of tree, but as they get closer, the adventurers realize that the "trees" are gray and foul-looking, and in fact appear to be large, fibrous stalks of fungus. The ground is covered in a thick, gray tangle. It all presents a sinister aspect, and there are no sounds of wildlife hereabouts.

A stretch of churning water separates the two islands. It is clear that there is some kind of reef in this strait, but at the moment, the water is too rough to swim and the reef too deep down to be walked on. If the group is to get across, it looks as though it will have to be done at low tide, which means either waiting through the rain and making the crossing in the very late afternoon, or coming here before dawn.

[sblock=ooc]Map will be updated on the first page in a bit.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Kane rest his hand on the fey beast's head and curls his fingers in its fur as he stare out towards the island.

"D-do we w-wait to c-cross? T-tomorrow or after the r-rain?"

Mewness

First Post
"Oh, tomorrow, by all means," says Pezock nervously. "And, perhaps, I'll go back to the lighthouse tonight. Still a lot of work to do, you know. I don't like the looks of this at all, do you, Pearl?"

OOC: OK, I've got 5 players in the Roll20 campaign, but one of them has a name I don't recognize. [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION], please confirm it's you before I assign control of Castile to some random person...

Everyone else should be able to move their own token around on the test screen (which is currently just a map of the island). jbear should be able to move the fey beast around, too.

Also, Takahaan seems to be lacking a level 5 daily?

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Looks like the name was already changed and it hadn't updated from my point of view. Everyone should have control over the correct token now.

jbear

First Post
OOC: That's a good idea. We can come back here early in the morning, We could head back to the base camp clearing as much unmapped territory as possible. Or we could even stay overnight at Pezock's crab house.

"G-good idea Pez- W-we c-can deal with this."

Remove ads