[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

GROMkill

First Post
Gelik snaps his sunrod on the floor of the shelter, activating it. The powerful glow of the mystical device casts a powerful light all around, illuminating the cannibal-savages, and revealing their positions to the ambushers, hidden amongst the brush and trees.

OOC: So, he can pull it out and activate it all within his turn of the surprise round, right?

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Mewness, I had Gelik use the sunrod, not good ole Taka. I'd like to ready Spur to Action if less than half of our party rolls higher initiative than the cannibals. (For example if only two of us get to act before the cluster of cannibals get to act). I'd like to ready Vengeance is Mine in case one of those cannibals takes a whack at Takahaan, as well, choosing Noriaki for the free MBA.

Sensing the plan was already in action, Takahaan swiftly stands up from his rest against the fallen tree, and charges out from the brush, Otaruhi Nodachi in hand. "TAKAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" he shouts, as he rushes in toward the large group of savages, violently swinging at one already screaming in terror from Kane's spell-casting. With a vicious slice, the carefully crafted blade arcs effortlessly through the cannibal's arm, harrowing him even further.

As blood sprays on the jungle floor, Takahaan sees the surprised faces of the other cannibals, shocked to find such retaliation and error in a seemingly foolproof plan to capture the survivors in the tents. "And they will pay for every good man and woman fallen to their tooth and claw." he mutters under his breath, his words seething with disgust for the savages.

[sblock=Mechanics] Standard: Charge to H8, hitting Cannibal 2. +1 from Charge, and +2 from CA against a surprised foe. So +12.

Attack Roll: 1d20+12=29

Damage Roll: 1d10+5=12

Cannibal 2 has what, 5 HP left?[/sblock]
[sblock=Takahaan]Takahaan Thanazashi Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 2
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Normal
AC:18
Fort:17
Reflex:15
Will:17 HP:29/29
Bloodied:14
Surge Value:8
Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragon Breath [ ]
Inspiring Word [ ]
Vengeance Is Mine [ ]

Lamb to the Slaughter [ ]
Spur To Action [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Cloak of Resistance [ ]

Conditions

[sblock=Important Features] Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Combat Leader:
You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +2 power bonus to initiative.

Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.[/sblock] [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=terrain question]Is it possible to move around a corner of a tree? Like could Castile go straight from Q8 to P7?[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
[sblock=terrain question]Is it possible to move around a corner of a tree? Like could Castile go straight from Q8 to P7?[/sblock]
OOC: From my google-fu, I found that while it is ultimately up to the DM, hard corners such as a corner of a wall are impassable, whereas soft corners, like the part of the tree, are passable. It's cos the tree doesn't take up the full area of the square, so you can walk diagonally through it. I believe in my turn, I had Taka move diagonally around a large tree.

Mewness

First Post
GM: Sorry, corrected the post to indicate that Gelik cracked the sunrod.

Yes, you can move diagonally past a tree. They aren't hard corners. (The rocks and shelters don't make hard corners either.)

Dekana

Explorer
"NOW!" Castile shouts as she bursts out of the shrub she was concealed in. She charges wildly into one of the cannibals and gives it a devastating axe strike to the chest, nearly felling it in one blow. She does not forget to tend to her own defenses either, as she readies her large shield after the charge.
"You won't find us such easy targets, you brigands!"

[sblock=Castile actions / stats]Surprise: Charge to O6! MBA vs Cannibal 7 CRITS for 24 damage, it is marked TENT, and Castile gains 4 THP. (1d20+8+2+1=31; [1d12+7]=19; 1d6=5)
Now that's what I like to see in a surprise round!

PC:Castile (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Dwarf Fighter 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:13, +5 saves vs poison, Speed:5
HP:4+39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:13/13
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Waraxe, +8 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage (see Combat notes below)
RBA: Waraxe, +8 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, 6/12
Combat Challenge, Pass Forward
Crushing Surge, Tide of Iron
Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Dwarven Thrower Waraxe, Villain's Menace
Combat notes: +2 melee / close damage with THP, +2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Up in the trees, Noriaki perches, his hand on his sword hilt. On his knee, the Pict perches, grasping a wicked looking spear that seems to be made from a sharp tooth tied to a stick. As the cannibals come into view, perfectly in sync with Castile, The Captain stands and shouts, "Now!"

The field descents into chaos. Gelik lights a rod, revealing that Kane has already begun. Takahaan and Castile rush out and engage the startled cannibal warriors. From under a tarp of woven leaves, piskies and grigs erupt like a swarm, engulfing one of the cannibals and pulling him to his knees, even as the Pict leaps from Noriaki's knee to deal the finishing blow. Noriaki himself leaps soon after, his blade clearing its sheath as he soars through the air.

Crashing into his target, Noriaki slices a deep gash in the man's shoulder and down his chest, barely leaving him alive. As the cannibal turns to his assailant, Noriaki brings himself to his full height, attitude more than making up for what nature did not give him. He calls out in a clear voice that pierces the night, "I am Noriaki Matsumoto, third son of the House of Storms, Master of the Art of Kamiken, and I am the man who will defeat you this night!"

[sblock=mechanics]The Irregulars will use "Get 'em!"(Grasping Tide centered on J9, where it gets Cannibals 1 and 2.
Attack Roll(1):1d20+6=7
Attack Roll(2):1d20+6=15, hit!
Damage Roll: 1d6+4=10 I think that does for Cannibal 2!

Noriaki will charge from the tree using Howling Strike on Cannibal 1, landing in H9. I don't know if there are any mechanics on leaping from the tree, but I'm doubting very much that they change my plan, so I'm rolling it.
Attack Roll: 1d20+9=26, hit!
Damage Roll: 1d12+1d6+5=20[/sblock]

[sblock=Noriaki]
Noriaki Matsumoto
Male Human Thaneborn Barbarian 2
Initiative: +4(+6 with Takahaan),
Passive Perception: 11,
Passive Insight: 12,
Senses: Normal
AC:19
Fort:18
Reflex:16