[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

twilsemail

First Post
The Irregulars have finally found the docks. The mob that left the tavern has calmed to a surprising degree. The march mostly in formation. Their spears, pikes and swords gleam in the sun. It does appear that one of the piskies has managed to saddle a stray tom cat and is riding it towards the gangplank. The captain salutes both the colors and whichever crewmember is standing nearest where his men will board the ship.

"The Dartmoor Irregulars reporting. Requesting permission to board, sir."

OOC: Does passive perception cover the above or should I roll those too?

Cleverusername

First Post
Alkas arrives shortly after the Dartmoor Irregulars, he stops on the docks and stares up with trepidation at the large ship. He falls back to his memories of life on deck and the various indignities he suffered on a ship not too dissimilar to this one. For a moment he considers turning back, then shakes his head, "Would Lily want to marry a coward? Suck it up Alkas." he thinks to himself and forces one foot in front of the other up the gang plank to get on the deck.

Once on board, Alkas looks over each of the other passengers and decides that the gnome appears the most enticing to speak with. He walks over and observes the puzzle for a moment and then speaks, "Good day Master Gnome. What strange thing do you have there?" he asks.

[sblock=Checks]
I'd like to just go with passive perception of 19

As for Endurance -
Endurance check (1d20+8=28) wow...nice way to start.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alkas Glanrak]Alkas Glanrak Male Dwarf Warden 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-Light
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13
HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:13/13
Action Points: 1
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Roots of Stone
Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions:

Warden's Fury - Trigger: An enemy marked by me makes an attack that doesn't include me as a target
Attack: +6 Vs. Fort Hit: 1d10+6 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to me and my allies until the end of my next turn.
Warden's Strike- Trigger: An enemy marked by me that is also within 5 squares of me makes an attack not including me as a target
Effect: Slide the target 1 square. The target is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Full sheet: Alkas[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
GM: You can only go with passive values if the spoiler blocks are labeled "passive."

"Perception xx (passive)" means you can use your passive value, or roll for it if you like

"Perception xx" means you have to roll for it.

Dekana

Explorer
Castile looks unsteady as she walks the gangplank onto the ship, holding out her arms to either side for balance. She breathes a sigh of relief when she makes it aboard without slipping.
The gnome with the puzzlebox catches her eye as well, but Alkas seems to have the interrogation well underway. Instead, she moves to join the Jadian man with the katana.

"Hello, sir. Will you be participating in the games as well? As our competition, I'll bet!" She chuckles. "I'm Castile. And you are...?"

[sblock=Castile stat block]http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Castile_(Dekana)- Female Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12, +5 saves vs poison, Speed:5
HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:13/13
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
Battack.gif
Waraxe, +6 vs AC, 1d12+6 damage (see Combat notes below)
Combat Challenge
Crushing Surge, Weapon Master's Strike
Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Villain's Menace

Combat notes: +2 damage with THP, +2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Noriaki manages to keep his composure as Sasha approaches. After her introduction, he bows slightly and introduces himself, giving a charming smile. "I am Noriaki Matsumoto, third son of the House of Storms. What brings you to sail the seas?"
Sasha shrugs. "My mother is sending me away to be instructed by a tutor," she replies. "But, the House of Storms! I like how that sounds. I'm sorry--I don't know much about the Kingdom of Jade. All I ever hear said about it is that it is full of demons!"

[sblock=Noriaki and Takahaan]DM secretly makes Insight checks for Noriaki and Takahaan.

[sound of crickets chirping]

Nothing to see here.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Once on board, Alkas looks over each of the other passengers and decides that the gnome appears the most enticing to speak with. He walks over and observes the puzzle for a moment and then speaks, "Good day Master Gnome. What strange thing do you have there?" he asks.
"Call me Gelik," replies the gnome, continuing to fiddle with the thing for a moment before looking up. "I bought this little toy in Daunton. The seller told me I'd have hours of fun with it. I should have punched him. Hours of irritation is more like it." He laughs.

GROMkill

First Post
Sasha shrugs. "My mother is sending me away to be instructed by a tutor," she replies. "But, the House of Storms! I like how that sounds. I'm sorry--I don't know much about the Kingdom of Jade. All I ever hear said about it is that it is full of demons!"

Cringing at the mentioning of the Iron Legion's foe, Takahaan squints his eyes and speaks. "The oni are the demons that you speak of. They have been a pest for ages, but the influence of the Iron Legion under our Shogun has began to push their kind out of the Kingdom for good."

Pausing for a moment, seeming to shake the idea out of his mind, Takahaan continues, changing the subject. "You mentioned a tutor. What art or craft is it that you train under?

Pentius

First Post
At the mention of the demons infesting his homeland, Noriaki's face goes stone blank, just for a fraction of a second, as he feels the power of the taint pulse within him. He grabs on to the conversation to get past it. "What art indeed, that calls for a journey past the Isle of Opposition?"

Remove ads